If I do not know the intermediate pressure supplied by the 1-st stage, which 2-nd stage to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So... how would you propose he uses an IP gauge at home? What would he connect his regulator to in order to pressurize it if he doesn't have a filled scuba tank? I have a few tanks (AL80, AL30 and a little 6 cu ft) that I use to test gear and soak and purge my Atomic regs after trips. I'll never dive with any of these, but they are very useful to have for these purposes...
He ain't need no tank, he's got a compressor!

Get this restorer kit from Griot’s Garage - cheap and super easy to use.

https://www.autozone.com/wash-clean...OJT-8CxkohfSZJNeYYRoCUyAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I did the headlights on my daughter’s 2009 Honda CRV and they are good as new! It makes a HUGE difference in headlight output!!!

Old, oxidized headlights are a real safety hazard - cops should ticket folks with severe oxidation as their headlights are useless! But these kits are super easy and provide great results.
Great! Thanks for the tip!

I love the fact that an aging gentleman not wanting to be bothered to own yet another tool can stir such debate and discussion. All of this over a $20 gauge and $99 Chicom regulator.
Thank you for summing this up so nicely in just few words. My guess is, such stirring can only happen (disclaimer: I did not expect this to happen, nor was this my intention) if the subject accidently touches on some major philosophical question of great importance to the public, especially, when aggravated by coincidental favorable factors, such as Reddit website is down, high surf in Florida, pandemic lockdowns and so on.

He ain't need no tank, he's got a compressor!
Great - but I’d bet the VAST majority of us divers ain’t got no compressor :) - so having a tank or two is an easier proposition!

Here’s my IP gauge.

IMG_2407.jpeg

I took a Self-Reliant Diver course & bought a pony tank (S30, as shown, below) in January 2023, when I was in Thailand. Left the pony tank there, as I plan to return there this coming January 2024. It’s time to bring it home after that trip.

IMG_2406.jpeg

S30 with tank mount bracket, courtesy of Dive Rescue International, Google Image Result for https://diverescueintl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Trident-Pony-Tank-Mount.jpg

Update: Ended up buying Oceanic Delta 5 at Amazon, $219.95. Tested it today, it worked fine.

I figured out the best way to store IP gauge in my regulator bag. I just insert the quick connect end of the IP gauge to the power inflator hose, as shown, below.

IMG_2441.jpeg

Reactions: L13
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom