If I owned a Dive Quarry, I would.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tower KICKS A$$!!!! I love it!! Now if only we could afford such a place :D

Testpilot...your gonna love Mermet, they even have a 727 that we can dive and show everyone how sexy you look in your new drysuit :wink:

How do you justify free entry for Dive Pros? Only when teaching? All the time? If all the time...why? Why dive for free for recreation when others have to pay? If while teaching, of course free entry should be granted

Same reason why LDS's make their employees use the gear they sell. Treat the dive pros good and they will come back with more students and non-pro friends to dive. I should say that dive pros who are active. I wouldn't let all in if they are not bringing somw classes in. Plus, dive pros that dive for fun allot, have a larger knowledge pool to draw from for teaching classes and can keep their own enthusiasm up.

Ok Mike, that was just enough to push me over the edge. I'm coming to visit when I get home. I want to dive this place.

Getting to hear 'Welcome To The Machine' underwater, at night, may very well be the best 7:26 of my human existance.

It's great. Glenn greets you with a smile. Everyone working there (and there are a lot) are helpful. The golf cart driving around to pick up empty cylinders to fill them for you (and keep your tab to pay in full upon leaving), covered prep area with gear tables and fans, etc, etc, etc.

Also note that while it doesn't impede the divers having fun, if you watch closely they have a very robust safety program going on.

I've never had the opportunity to dive in a quarry, but this virtual one has peaked my interest. Just one question though. I've heard that they tend to run in the colder water temperatures. Could you please design this one with a very LARGE heater, cuz I'm an official warm water weenie?

I've never had the opportunity to dive in a quarry, but this virtual one has peaked my interest. Just one question though. I've heard that they tend to run in the colder water temperatures. Could you please design this one with a very LARGE heater, cuz I'm an official warm water weenie?

:rofl3::rofl3::14:

I'd like to see something like tunnels to practice penetrations. And not a 30 feet. But actual passages at 100-120 or more. Perhaps sink large culverts. Trimix fills available. And another vote for allowing solo diving and without a useless cert from some agency. Perhaps check log books and require experience in deep, low vis, cold, etc. I also agree with the free pass for instructors. If I know a place is good and will allow me to dive gratis from time to time I'll be bringing students there. Maybe a credit system of some kind where for every class an instructor brings in he gets a day free. This would still allow the site to make something and keep groups coming back. If I know I can bring a group and next week dive myself to just unwind I'll bring lots of business. ANother thing is the night diving. It has to be every night. Not just weekends when everybody and his brother will try to be there.

Close it to the public and open it only for my friends and me! :D

Back
Top Bottom