If I should die while diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the idea uncle pug, I think every person that dives should have one and I ammend one for myself.

This is wonderful. Thank you OP and everyone else who added to it and changed it around. I added one last line to mine at the very end...

If I should NOT die while diving but shall forever live this life in a vegetative state, please love me enough to let me go.

My x-husband and I have medical powers of attorney. Mine says pull the plug, his says keep her away from my plug. He is one of those that wants everything done...

I think one realization for me (unless I am wrong) is that certain documents like living wills merely convey your wishes and other documents like medical power of attorney are more legally binding, as you designate someone to legally make decisions for you.

In light of Kimber's recent incident, I am changing the message I've left for my family to "If I die or am seriously injured while diving, be it due to a diving accident or some other circumstances..."

I just want to be sure my family is clear on my intentions.

I've just amended my "If I Should Die While Diving" memo to include an "If I should NOT die while diving but shall forever live this life in a vegetative state, please love me enough to let me go," clause.

It is on my computer hard drive under "SCUBA." If something should happen to me, I humbly request someone on SB to make sure my family finds it. (I'm not sure I want to tell them about it before then...superstition and all that.)

morbid though it may seem, i had fleeting thoughts of dying underwater when i started diving.

a dramatic way to die. sure. i do not wish it, though, for my buddy's sake. but in case it does happen to me... i share Uncle Pug's sentiments.

Due to a couple of recent incindents discussed recently here, I have made arrangements to have my thoughts sent to a trusted friend if something should happen to me.

I still have to redo my healthcare power of attorney. The last one that I had done was in the service and I don't have Navy lawyers to do it for free anymore :) .

Well I printed it out and posted it on the bullentin board over my desk.

There is no death, only TRANSITION to a different "realm".
I can't "prove" this, just as I can't "prove" I dreamed about
being a sultan in a harem last night.

For further reference see PICTURE: POLTERGEIST/MGM/1982

If I should die while diving....better than being in a 757 crash
better than being run down by a beer truck
better than being hit by a train
better than being innocent bystander in
gang drive by shooting
better than being shot by a jealous husband
better than in a failed elevator
better than roadside IED
better than by a bad burger at MickeyD's