If it weren't for bad luck...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman has a point: :D

Attachments

• sd_1.sized.jpg
    sd_1.sized.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 137
I have given split fins a thought, but I had hoped to find something made of flexible rubber, like Otaries but with an open heel so I can wear boots. I may have to swallow my pride and (shudder) get a pair of splits until I heal. In any case, I won't be back in the water until September. I hate this. All winter, I was looking forward to diving with my sons this summer and this had to happen.

Split fins:shocked2:the horror! Sorry to hear about your accident. Like another said a bump in the road, painful bump I know. I missed a couple of summers myself between the shoulder, knee, and foot! It's that much sweeter getting back! Heal quick old timer!

I have a pair of Foil Force Fins (splits) that I can loan you. I have a buddy that had knee replacement a couple of months before our trip to Coz that borrowed them and he found they were ideal. Not quite vintage (although they have been around over 25 years). I use them for snorkeling and can swim for hours with them with my two bad knees. PM if you are interested.

I started using split fins after using jets for years.
They are easier on the legs.
But I feel I dont have the same power, and frog kicks are less effect.

Come to Portage Quarry whether you can dive or not. Diving is just a part of the Legends Weekend. Jeff puts on a nice program for vintage divers, reaquaint yourself with some of the members of NAVED and users of this and the other forums, and take a look at all the gear that will be available for your collecting or diving pleasure. The quarry is a safe and comfortable place for your sons to dive.
Paladin.jpg

You know there are still a few warm places to dive after September. Come on down to So. Florida. We have some vintage friendly dive shops and I even know a couple of boats that will take you out to the 3rd reef so you can meet your maker while you dive those death traps. So don't wuss out and buy split fins, get better and strap on your rockets in Florida. BTW October water temps will be low to mid 70s so all you need is a 3 mil and a hooded vest. And did I mention it will be lobster season then? I got 11 today for mini season. So come on down!

I sympathize with you. Two weeks ago I injured my left SI joint and have been limping around since. Being vintage is hell, I wish getting the human body back to like new was as easy as getting an Aqua Master back to like new is.

The body is like “Nature” :D
Renewable, as long as it not over abused. :shakehead:
Unfortunately, we tend to over abuse our bodies, way too much. :shocked2:

Well, the doc says I can get back in the water if I watch and don't put too much strain on my leg. My youngest son is going for his open water in two weeks and I'm going with him. I'll get in the water and have my oldest son hand me my tank to put on in the water. That way I'll keep the weight off my leg. Wish me luck, guys!

Back
Top Bottom