If money were not an issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Money is not an issue, Apeks DS4 ATX50. It is as bullet proof as gear gets, and works everywhere. My choice anyway.

I'd take the Scubapro Mk25 for the first stage.

For the second I'd use the Scubapro D400 (which I own). This isn't made any more but is arguably one of the easiest breathing regulators ever made due to it having a different design from other regulators. For those that are interested, you can read a very good explanation on the D400 and the effects of case geometry fault on regulator performance here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1356128&postcount=4

Plus I like the slightly sinister way it looks (but that's just me) :)

Money is not an issue for us - but VALUE always is.

We started with Sherwood Maximus rigs, which my spouse / team mate / dive buddy still uses for our 'recreational' profile dives. I have acquired various Scubapro first & second stages for our 'beyond recreational' profile diving, as well as my 'recreational' profile diving. I admire the concept & design of the Atomic Monel series, but simultaneously shrink away from availability for parts etc. in the many global locations we typically enjoy travelling to for our diving.

My personal favorite setups are Scubapro MK 15 or 20 or 25 first stage (the MK 15 can be found for bargain basement pricing pre-owned) and Scubapro D400 second stage or G500 or S600 with the now-discontinued bubble deflector installed. Using the Seacure mouthpiece and the Scubapro quick-clip makes moving the Seacure around a breeze.

Hope you find what you're looking for! There's lots to choose from, to fit any individual preference.

The T2. I love mine and use it for both eanx and regular air. Awesome reg.

carldarl:
If money were not an issue, what reg would you recommend and why? Here are the conditions...

Water temps ranging from low/mid 40's to mid 80's.

Recreational diver averaging 30-50 dives per year.

Straight air with possible nitrox in the future.

Just cureous as to what others think.

Poseidon Xstream...:D

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=PoseidonXstreamDive

you should be able to beat this price...:D

for doubles...

Poseidon Xstream Deeps

I will agree with some of the other posts concerning regulator performance for the dollar spent. Yes there are better values in regs than the T2 but the post asked if money were not an object so thats why I would say the T2. Also aside from being pretty and light it has received execellent reviews on its preformance as well. In fact I havent seen a comparo out that has anything that has beaten it in terms of performance numbers. That all said, I have Apeks regs because I agree with the post above that said across tha board that APeks has the best values. (para-quoting of course)

What about the aqualung legend supreme lx? For a limited time, you get a matching octo for any aqualung regulator!

why not go with an atomic z2? the new z series is practically a b2 without swivel hoses and just a tad heavier than the t2. but in rodales diving magazine, it ranks top in lab and user testing going along side another very good reg, the tri-metal. they're $399 for z2 and $375 for the xs tri-metal, there is no point in going with anything more, the z2 performs top notch and need not be dedicated such as the t2, but for tech diving, the m1 is a must because it exceeds 40% nitrox usage which the t2 and z2 does not

ringojcp:
why not go with an atomic z2? the new z series is practically a b2 without swivel hoses and just a tad heavier than the t2. but in rodales diving magazine, it ranks top in lab and user testing going along side another very good reg, the tri-metal. they're $399 for z2 and $375 for the xs tri-metal, there is no point in going with anything more, the z2 performs top notch and need not be dedicated such as the t2, but for tech diving, the m1 is a must because it exceeds 40% nitrox usage which the t2 and z2 does not
z2 is a completly different body on the second stage that doesnt have the same characteristics as the B or T line. Dont pick the M for tech diving just because the higher O2 capability. Do you plan on making dives with doubles on your back with higher than 40%? If you want it for deco gas, ok. But from what I've heard people use it because it doesnt come with the swivel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom