If money were not an issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, the spec book describe them to be nearly the same make up, ehh i dunno, good reg none the less

ringojcp:
why not go with an atomic z2? the new z series is practically a b2 without swivel hoses and just a tad heavier than the t2. but in rodales diving magazine, it ranks top in lab and user testing going along side another very good reg, the tri-metal. they're $399 for z2 and $375 for the xs tri-metal, there is no point in going with anything more, the z2 performs top notch and need not be dedicated such as the t2, but for tech diving, the m1 is a must because it exceeds 40% nitrox usage which the t2 and z2 does not

It is ironic you should mention the Tri-Metal. I currently have two of them and am very happy with them. My wife uses one. Part of the reason for the question was aLDS chastized me severely for buying them. (forget the 'deal' I got for two of them for under $200) I was curious to see if it would even get mentioned.

I do want to try a different reg or two as these are the only ones I have ever dived with. I have no complaints about them at all. Just curious as to what I am missing out on.

I hate gimmicky things like titanium regulators. Who cares if it's a pound lighter? That's a pound more lead you have to wear.

carldarl:
It is ironic you should mention the Tri-Metal. I currently have two of them and am very happy with them. My wife uses one. Part of the reason for the question was aLDS chastized me severely for buying them. (forget the 'deal' I got for two of them for under $200) I was curious to see if it would even get mentioned.

I do want to try a different reg or two as these are the only ones I have ever dived with. I have no complaints about them at all. Just curious as to what I am missing out on.

from what i hear, the trimetal id not popular like the atomics or any other brands....rodale tested these things and they scored the same as the z2 and t2, anywho, as long as i can breath underwater, it's good enough for me

That Mk25 scubapro isn't the reg for cold water, unless you like detuning it every time you use it in the cold.

I have and love the Apex200. It isn't much more than a recreational reg and it performs flawless in the tropics or below ice.

Al Mialkovsky:
That Mk25 scubapro isn't the reg for cold water, unless you like detuning it every time you use it in the cold.

I have and love the Apex200. It isn't much more than a recreational reg and it performs flawless in the tropics or below ice.

So true, even Detuned, my Mk25S600 setup freeflows way to much.

I Just bought this morning the Apeks DS4 ATX50 Setup. I'm hoping this is the answer for Ice Diving.

CatalinaCanuck:
I Just bought this morning the Apeks DS4 ATX50 Setup. I'm hoping this is the answer for Ice Diving.
You will have to turn down the IP a bit. ~125psi or so. Thats what mine are set to.

catherine96821:
OEX2, why would you have so many???
Because you can never have too many toys ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Money is not an issue.

I dive 2 Apeks ATX200s for backgas (doubles) and 3 sets of ATX 50's w/ DS4 1st stages for deco bottles. The regs perform flawlessly and are bullet proof...

I'm seeing Lots of T-2 out here. Great reg but it requires servicing for nitrox after any air usage. The M-1 is the only Atomic rated to 50% 02. I've been using my Z-1 (switchable to 40%) for better than a year and am very happy with it. Next week it goes to a pony and I'll replace it with a Z-2 with the swivel first stage. If looking like you have too much to spend is important, have your LDS order the T-2 accent kit and slap it on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom