If you were only allowed one reg what would it be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Witch bummed me out cuz I couldn't dive Saturday or sunday.... I called and was "first on the list for monday" still nothing back yet. Will be calling tomorrow.

movies-the-witches.jpg

Dude, witches and dive gear don't mix. Take your gear someplace else (and hope they don't cast a spell on you).

What I should have said is Is if I could have only one set of regs BACK id take my mk 25 g250v sense I dropped All my gear off for service and tanks for VIP's with a expected return date of last Friday. Witch bummed me out cuz I couldn't dive Saturday or sunday.... I called and was "first on the list for monday" still nothing back yet. Will be calling tomorrow.

Whichis why my preferred regs would be ones I can get parts kits for.

Haha yes damn witches... well anyway I got my gear back today total cost of service. ..
$477.00
Had bc done 2 first stages 2 2nd stage and an atomic power inflator safe 2nd also had my transmitter battery done and one hose replaced also had 3 vips and 3 o2 cleanings

Haha yes damn witches... well anyway I got my gear back today total cost of service. ..
$477.00
Had bc done 2 first stages 2 2nd stage and an atomic power inflator safe 2nd also had my transmitter battery done and one hose replaced also had 3 vips and 3 o2 cleanings

Ouch ! I see DIY in your future.

$477.00

what on earth did you need 3 o2 cleanings for? If your shop is still on partial pressure filling, you need to find a new one because the only reason for a shop to be on PP instead of a blend stick is to rip off their customers by charging for O2 cleaning....

What did you need your BC done for? Nothing they can do other than clean in the inflator which is $15 new...
https://www.divegearexpress.com/45-degree-oral-power-inflator

If the firsts are pistons and needed packing I can see those being about $70 each with parts, so $150 there, and second stages are like $80 total, but good lord...

I agree with tbone. There is really nothing to do on a BC. If it holds air it is good to go.

Partial pressure blending is when straight O2 is pumped into the tank and then topped off with air. You need an O2 clean because of the pure O2. If a dive shop uses banked Nitrox (not sure what a blending stick is) then an O2 cleaning is not required. About 15 years ago "dedicated nitrox regulators and tanks" were sold but fell out of favor when people found out that they weren't needed.

Because your first stages are MK/25s I assume they were not packed with lube. Scubapro does not recommend it. The labor should be about $25 - $30 per stage and you have 5 stages plus maybe $20 for parts so I would think $250 would be average.

I certainly expect you to be joining the "dark side" of DIY soon. So, having said that, check out the subforum here. There are plenty of resources for reading to be done. If you were closer, I'd offer to teach you unofficially myself.

Yes they do ppb. And I have one mk25 my other first stage is a ocianic gt3 as far as for the bc that was only 20bucks they did clean the 3 dump valves and the inflator is a atomic ss1 so that counted as another 2nd stage. I was told I had a dry suit hose leaking and they got me 60 bucks for that. I kept the old one for my own test due to the fact ive actually never dove that hose. I had just installed it. It came with my brand new dry suit. But I have seen hoses leak right out of the box so we will see. The tanks had not had a vip in 3 years cuz I fill my own... honestly I generally only use this shop for classes I want to take and charters to dive. I have a mako 14cfm 5500psi compressor and have a buddy has a membrain system at home. So the cleaning was not needed as I generally dive air or whatever jim has on tap.. are scuba pro parts kits hard to get? ? I have never looked Into them befor. I know I can get all my other parts online but I have always been under the impression sp. Parts are hard to get hold of. ??

---------- Post added June 5th, 2015 at 04:55 PM ----------

Anyone here familiar with jim shuts from new york? He seems to go all over working for dui.

I think you might mean that the other first stage is an Oceanic CDX5. The GT3 is a second stage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom