Ikelite D70 ittl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30:
Karl, how about the position of the bulkhead? Is it still in the way like the Canon housing?

Boi, the bulkhead is in the same place.....I compose with my left eye and don't have any problems with the bulkhead location....sure, I wish it was on the top, but it really doesn't bother me thankfully....

Karl

That's too bad. I don't know how many people compose with their left eye? I can't even keep my left eye open properly when I close my right eye. I hope Ikelite can come up with some suitable solution for those right eye dominant person like myself :)
Otherwise there is not much to complain about Ikelite except for polycarbonate vs aluminium which I don't think is a big deal.

ike:
Design and testing went fine. Delay now is getting circuit boards and component parts. End of May looking looking shaky, but surely June is okay. Shipments are in the order they were placed.............

ike, when/how are you going to offer an upgrade to the existing d70 housing owners?

i am thinking about sending mine back to get the mods you list done especially as it came back from you guys after getting the bulkhead connector replaced with some of the listed faults.

i was dissapointed to say the least.

ike:
Design and testing went fine. Delay now is getting circuit boards and component parts. End of May looking looking shaky, but surely June is okay. Shipments are in the order they were placed.............

Ike-

Will it work for the D70s? I just ordered one and found out the L bracket for the D70s is different than for the D70, apparently the body is slightly different. Not sure if this effects the Ikelite case.

Alex

AlexRodriguez:
Ike-

Will it work for the D70s? I just ordered one and found out the L bracket for the D70s is different than for the D70, apparently the body is slightly different. Not sure if this effects the Ikelite case.

Alex

ikelite website states it works with the 70 and the 70s.

where is the body different?

i saw them side by side and they looked identical

Just a note that the housings have started shipping. Mine arrived last week. The bulkhead doesn't interfere with my mask at all. I compose with my right eye.

One word of caution. It's *very* easy to overstretch the springs on the zoom ring clamp. Thought I was being careful. Apparently one can't be too careful :(

Other than that it looks like a great system. Can't wait to get it wet!

Josh

clive francis:
where is the body different?

No idea. I just ordered the D70s this weekend from B&H, should have it in this week. It is replacing my D100 so I visited Kirk's website (http://www.kirkphoto.com/) to get a new L bracket and saw a post that the D70 bracket is not compatible with the D70s. So I mare the assumption that this may also apply to the Ikelite case.

Alex

AlexRodriguez:
No idea. I just ordered the D70s this weekend from B&H, should have it in this week. It is replacing my D100 so I visited Kirk's website (http://www.kirkphoto.com/) to get a new L bracket and saw a post that the D70 bracket is not compatible with the D70s. So I mare the assumption that this may also apply to the Ikelite case.

Alex

it might be that the covers to concealed sockets are slightly different.

or another added for the cable release for the shutter, other than that, the bodies were identical.

Back
Top Bottom