Ikelite D70 ittl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey folks, I have the 6130.80 Ikelite housing for an Olympus 8080...my hubster, however, is a photo nut and I'm fixin' to inherit a Nikon D70, once he upgrades to some obscenely expensive thing I don't even let myself consider taking underwater.

Can someone point me to some info re: this iTTL issue? I totally adore my 6130, in which I have yet to find even a droplet of water, although I've taken it to 130+ feet.

I have the DS-125 strobe, which I also adore, and am assuming it'll work with the 6870. However, I am finding some scary language about a manual controller on ikelite.com and am hoping to avoid a non-TTL solution. Hub says iTTL is a wireless remote strobe mechanism...sounds like y'all are gearing up to make it work at depth. I am unable to find any more verbiage on this issue other than the cryptic message "available in June" at ikelite.com.

Yee-haw! Any chance of my getting my hands on one before I leave for the Coral Sea in October? Just how long IS this backlog list......?

If you have an older DS-125 it may need to be upgraded to work with iTTL. The 6807.1 housings have been shipping since June 15, and my guess is that the initial order list is close to completion. I was somewhere on that list and just got my housing last week. Best to check directly with Ike.

Wow. You know, I didn't know there actually was an Ike. I salute him both for making awesome products and for having them constructed in the U.S., one of the few things I can still buy not imported from China.

Folks, somehow I brain farted and missed two pages of posts, which I have now read and will look at the 'newest' link at ikelite.com someone posted earlier. Sounds like a great solution.

I just got my DS-125 in January so I'm hoping it won't need an upgrade. It does appear, however, that no new orders for the iTTL upgrade will be taken until August...August 30, I'm assuming. :wink:

likelite:
Wow. You know, I didn't know there actually was an Ike. I salute him both for making awesome products and for having them constructed in the U.S., one of the few things I can still buy not imported from China.

Folks, somehow I brain farted and missed two pages of posts, which I have now read and will look at the 'newest' link at ikelite.com someone posted earlier. Sounds like a great solution.

I just got my DS-125 in January so I'm hoping it won't need an upgrade. It does appear, however, that no new orders for the iTTL upgrade will be taken until August...August 30, I'm assuming. :wink:

This is just not true.

I ordered a housing for the D-70, a dome port, and a 125 strobe with arm and cord and received them in less than 2 weeks. It came in Tuesday.

I think that Ikelite is being very conservative on taking orders if that is where you are hearing this. If it was a LDS go to another one that can get you the product.

Mark

likelite:
I saw it here:

http://ikelite.com/web_pages/2dslr_dttl70.html

Maybe the 'no new orders until August' line is reserved for the port with the dome.

I have the dome port for the 12-24 lens with the sleave also.

I think that Ikelite is saying that so they don't have everyone calling them and asking where is my housing. If you order one I think that you will be suprised how fast it shows up.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom