I'm a right lump, I am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found myself in your position about a year ago. I was at my physical low point and was not able to really enjoy my passion of spearfishing. I focused on eating better (no fast foods) and salads, chicken or fish for lunch. I found eating just one good low fat meal a day helped my calorie count if it was supported with regular exercise. I would suggest push-ups, lunges, crunches, dips and general stretching before moving on to anything bigger. I went out and bought a home gym for muscle training, and supported this with running, (biking for you), and built a set of steps out of plywood and climb them with a dive tank on my back for cardio. One year later I am a certified EMT and Firefighter and would not be afraid to challange any fire physical entrance test. I am back to enjoying diving at its best. Once you make the commitment mentally the rest will fall in place.

I logged on to the forum to search topics dealing with diver fitness training and I was directed here! Perfect!

Thanks for the comments gents...I will look at Cameron's site and check out his book.

The best exercise is the one you'll do.

Read that again.

Everyone is different and no one system or type of workout is suitable for all types of individuals.

COW: I'd suggest you find someone to exercise with. Friends are best. Someone who'll drag you if you're not motivated that day and vice versa. Plan your workout with your friend and schedule them. It doesn't matter if it's rollerblading (in the summer of course), swimming, aerobics ... whatever you will actually _want_ to do is the thing.

Just my $0.02.

Bjorn

Back
Top Bottom