I'm Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ExtremeTech:

First off, welcome to the Board.

Like ChickDiver, I'll try to be polite (for once, I know).

ChickDiver is correct when she states that deep air diving has been rejected as a safe method of diving. The courses are still out there, but mix is taking their place. Why? Because it is safer. Or do you have an alternate theory?

Precisely how have you determined that you are able to overcome the effects of narcosis when every major agency says that you can't? Have you performed task loading and coordination studies on yourself or are you simply relying upon the time tested "Nothing's happened yet" theory.

How have you determined that you can withstand the effects of high PPO2. Do you know how high you can go, or is it simply that you haven't had a problem yet?

What are your contingency plans in the event that an emergency at a PPO2 of 1.6 sends you deeper?

What configuration are you diving. I presume that it involves doubles and stages?

What deco gas are you using?

Do you do deep water hangs?

How does your buddy feel about diving to these depths on air?

I must take serious issue with your claim that "ankle weights are a must" when diving dry. Ankle weights are a crutch that are neither necessary not beneficial. They create far more issues than they solve. Moreover, proper weighting and equipment configuration will render them unnecessary.

Finally, is the basis of your claim to being an extreme technical diver based solely upon the depths you hit? What is your experience in overhead or other technical environments? How many penetration dives do you have under your belt?

There is a wealth of knowledge on this Board. Many of the members (Wreckwriter, Uncle Pug, ChickDiver, to name just a few) have substantial experience in technical diving. Listen to them and you might find that you are not quite as extreme as you think and that you, like the rest of us, still have quite a bit to learn.

Since everyone else seems to be doing it, here is my resume:

Certified approx. 3 years.

PADI DM
PADI AI Candidate
DIR-F initiate.
TDI Blender.

Enrolled in TDI advanced nitrox/deco theory classes.

Approx. 300+ dives, not including dives with uncertified students during classes.

Hands on experience (taught the old fashioned way, by experienced old time wreck divers) in decompression and wreck penetration diving.

Approximately 50 decompression dives. Approximately 50 penetration dives (including 10 penetration dives on the U-853).

Regards

ExtremeTech once bubbled...
Where are my tech comrades to back me up on this?? Doesn't IANTD teach deep air (Technical Nitrox). There has to be some IANTD instructors that can back me up on this one!!

Where' Master Chief when someone needs him?:):):)

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
Of course, if I am wrong, please tell me so...

I agree Matt, sock puppets for sure.

Reading the posts by both of these folks, there's just too many "buzz-words" specifically designed to get us going. First we get ol' Extreme with the PADI tech diver thing and the deep air, then we get Diettechie chiming in with the weight post, just a tad overdone.

This could have been a very nice troll but he tried to do too much at once.

Tom

Damn, and I could have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you medaling kids:nono:

ARRRRRRRRGH!!!

I guess I'm still with the half-fools and half-wise :)

Good thing I enjoy scratching around the Web for obscure information!

Matt

Too bad the cover was blown before you got to tell them how you made your own split fins out of some quattros and a jigsaw! Not to mention the ol' doubled up bungeed wings from some inner tubes and rubber bands (thick ones!!)!!:stupid:

it was the weighting post that blew it. It was too obvious of a troll directed at me.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom