I'm new and curious

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tristin,
Unless they have changed dramatically, Sport Chalet is a good choice. They are one of those Dive Centers within a larger Sports Store. I actually interned in the one in Mission Veaho (Sorry, I don't know the exact spelling) while doing my instructor course in 88.
Study hard, and enjoy your course. California diving is great! I especially enjoyed the kelp forests off Santa Catalina and Laguna Beach.
Keep in touch.
Safe Diving,
George
PADI MSDT 33859
Prime Scuba

All I can say is: you have to be ready! The first time you put on your gear, it will feel horrible! You will not be used to that much weight. when you get in the water, you will be scared and excited. The thrill of breathing underwater will astound you. The pressure from your gear will be gone and you will be introduced to a brand new glorious feeling, a feeling that can't be explained. You will feel anxious and be ready to respond to your instructor. watch the signals your instructor shows you, and do the best you can. don't be afraid to tell your instructor if you can't equalize or don't understand.Relax, learn well, dive well, and remember, the confined water dives are just the begining!
And MOST of all- HAVE FUN- that is the point of the sport!

Welcome to the board Tristin. I'm new to the sport as well. I just started working towards my certification. Who are you planning on going through for your cert?

Hello and welcome to both scuba board and the world of diving! In addition to all of the other wonderful suggesstions, I would highly recommend a subscription to "Dive Training" magazine. It focuses soley on the learning aspect of diving and every article will impart you with knowledge that will not only help you get aqauinted with the u/w world, but also make you a better diver all around. They cover topics that might not be covered in your O/W class, but will help bring you up the learning curve faster. My husband and I subscribe to more then a handful of diving magazines and I personally think it's the best one out there for the educational aspect.

Good luck to you! May you dive deep, live long and enjoy it all!

Back
Top Bottom