I'm really bummed out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear about your friend.....

Eric said:

You never know another man's demons.
A well-known speaker started off his seminar holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up. He ...said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this."

He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, "Who still wants it...?" Still the hands were up in the air. "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We may feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless.

Count your blessings, not your problems.
Very profound,
Thank you

Having been through a major depression, I can tell you you did what you could.

When someone is there, they push away anything that is positive, including any evidence of caring from friends, because positive things don't resonate with their perception of reality.

If such people are lucky, their true descent into self-destruction will intersect with someone who recognizes it and can get them into the hands of people who can take away their volition and force them to accept treatment. Before they reach the point where they are actively intent on self-destruction, they have the right to make bad decisions. It can be very, very difficult to watch.

You did what you could, and more importantly, you cared. The problem was beyond your ability to cure.

I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss and the state it has put you in. I lost an older friend and hunting mentor to suicide when I was 16 it can really throw ya. Good luck, God Bless

I am very sorry to hear about your loss...depression is a really hard thing to deal with. It is comforting knowing that the scuba community is here for you if you ever need to talk you have alot of friends here :) Stay strong.

Back
Top Bottom