In Kuwait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if this is a useful lead, it's the local TUSA dealer:

The Palms Dive CenterTel: +965-563-7503 Kuwait Fax: +965-563-7503

yes Ian T, i think you still need a visa, but i was told that if an expat have a valid visa from any GCC country its should be ok to use it for all the GCC countries.

but because saudi arabia is always behind and always not in favor for making anything easy for the humens !! so you better check.

if you still want to try new waters i was told that sugatra in yemen is like heaven ..

Not sure about the visa information - could be that it's a bit easier to get a visa, but you do need seperate visas for each country....

Yeah I heard about Sugatra as well - saw some pictures and movies. A couple of guys from Dubai went down there with their own boat... Maybe they will take me down there if I offer to cook for them?

The only problem is that there is a errr...situation apparently near the Omani/Yemeni border...or was a couple of months ago. Not sure what's happening at the moment...

I would like to dive Kuwait on Jan 9/10th 2007. I'll be staying near the airport.Any more help or advice out there? Thanks.

So one of the dive shops finaly got back to me and it seems that dont dive this time of year, too cold. bummer.

Hi:

My New Year got off to a great start with a shark dive at The Kuwait Scientific Center this morning.

It's a bit steep at 30KD (I had my own gear except tanks and weights but I think they will loan you for the same price if you are lacking equipment) for a half hour dive in an aquarium but you get great turtles, guitar ray and 3 meter long sand tiger shark photos which will make it seem that you have been swimming with Jaws!

A diver goes down with you with a stick to fend off the sharks and turtles (used to being fed so they get VERY close) and another diver watches from the top to make sure nothing happens so this is a very safe and well run operation.

You can dive 7 days a week, usually three times a day at 9:30, 14:30 and 18:00 except on Friday when TSCK is closed and on monday night when TSCK is open but there is no night dive. You need to book 24 hours in advance and fax or e-mail them a scanned copy of your passport and cert. card. As some new divers can get a bit apprehensive being so close to large sharks and have not made it past the platform, they like folks to have done at least 60 dives. Water is a constant 23C.Raed Al-Laho is the Group Sales Supervisor and very efficient at responding to e-mails. His e-mail is: rallahow@tsck.org.kw. Tel. +965-224-0309. Check out the website: www.tsck.org.kw.

It's really cold and blustery in the Gulf right now (water in Kuwait about 16C) so this option means you won't get blown out.

If you want to try ocean dives, try the following but note that Thursday and Friday are the usual weekend dive dates in Kuwait.

Dive Caroline. Need minimum of 2/3 people to go out but will usually find some die hard divers for you to go out with. Very accomodating. Expat run. At Fahaheel Sea Club, End 212. E-mail: divecaroline@horn3.com. Tel. +965-371-9289. www.horn3.com/dive caroline.

Kuwait Mantas is a BSAC club based in Kuwait who are friendly and eager for visiting divers to join them. They dive on Friday and have a social evening at different members flats on Tue

sday nights. Contact Michael Dalton, the Training Officer at ccitmdalton@eim.ae.

Finally, KIM Center is at the Hilton Kuwait Resort, Chalet 365. E-mail: info@kimcenter.com. Tel. +965-371-6002. They respond to e-mails sporadically so allow time to contact them.

Happy diving in Kuwait.

davidlkh:
Found this with google, not sure if reliable or current:

Kuwait Mantas Dive Club
Robert Harris-Jones
CO Gulf English School, PO Box 33106, 25562 Al-Rumaitheya, Kuwait
Phone: 965 7943783
info@kuwaitmantas.com

Kuwait Diver
reda@kuwaitdiver.com
Kuwait, Kuwait, 00965, Kuwait
Phone: 00965 6165565
reda@kuwaitdiver.com

Good luck

I tried so many times to contact these diving centers and clubs, but without any reply. If anyone knows if these contacts are still in use or not. Please inform me. Thank you for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom