In Kuwait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI list three centres,

One in Salwa, one in Fahaheel and the one at the Hilton.

HTH

Dom

Hello,

I currently live in Kuwait and I am an active diver. The diving here is not great, vis is usually pretty poor and the coral ecosystems have been pretty much destroyed by the oil and shipping industries. We do however, have some decent wrecks and a few nice coral gardens off shore. Additionally, they are shrimping right now. They use otter-trawal nets and the beater chains muck up a lot of the in-shore sites. Expect the vis to improve in the winter months with less blue-green algal growth and a drop in shrimping practices. I dive with the group over at Dive Caroline. There are others, you can check out the operation at the Palms. I do not have anythig bad to say about this group. I just fell into what I think is a good safe group of divers. In fact, I am taking their Rescue Diver Course there right now. I plan to do Dive Master with them as well. They are flexible and have a comitted staff. Log a few dives with them and you are treated like family. They are located at the Fahallel Sea Club. Take care and good luck. See you on the boat.

Plenty of diving in Kuwait. Got a dive club to suit just about everyone. Diving is shallow (generally) with several reefs and wrecks to see. Marine life is abundant, to include the occassional whale shark. Viz is variable, currents can be difficult, but that's diving. Contact me for more specific info. I can direct you to the club that will best fit your needs.
Mark
scouterpa@yahoo.com

Actually, as far as locals go, Kuwaitis are the most Diving minded of all the gulf countries.

I'm always hearing about some pro/semi-pro stuff that the Kuwaitis them selves re getting into.

I just wish our local dive culture was as well developed.

(ps. Kuwaitis are a fun bunch!)

This reply might be late but....:p

You can contact Kuwait Diving Team and get the information your looking for.
Diving in gulf is not that bad, thought the vis is pretty bad in somedays...nothing compared to Red Sea ofcourse.

Good Luck :)

i am a kuwaiti and i dive since 1994 in kuwait and in the GCC, diving in kuwait is not that great because the of the poof vis although you can find some nice reef and you can have fun.

i dont suggest that you travel to kuwait for diving but if you are allready in kuwait and you miss the water than its ok.

personaly i dont dive the reefs anymore i find diving the oil rigs more fun .. lots lots of fish and better vis could reach to 10 - 15 m.

what is realy nice and virgin is the saudi islands called (hargos,keran,arabia) they are about 100 miles from the kuwaiti shores and they are virgin islands meaning you can stay for 3-4 days without even seeing any boat or human, there are small numbers of diviers at the eastern shores of saudi arabia so thats way.

we was able to get a licence from the saudi authuretes to be able to cross the border .. its realy hard to get licence but totally worth it.

i visited those islands many times and every time i injoy more and more.

generaly the sea in kuwait is calm seaes and the best time to dive in kuwait and the GCC is in may and june.

Gulf Diver, when you say "really hard", does it mean that it would be next to impossible for an expat to get a permit for the islands?

yes Ian T its is almost impossible specially these days after the war, but there is a way to dive these nice islands is by going to al-jubail city its the nearest town to these islands and i used to rent a boat from there befor i got my licence to inter the saudi water from kuwait.

we are planning a trip to arabia-kiran befor ramadan, the plann is to stay for 2-3 nights and do about 6 dives .. now because my boat will not be able to carry all the tanks needed because we are 4 divers (4*6=24 tanks) and this load will make the boat heavy and it will consume all the fuel needed befor we reach our distenation.

so the plann is to let a boat sail from al-jubail with all the tanks and meet us there.

bye the way if you are omany you are not an expat !! al least in kuwait

Naaah GD, I'm an expat alright... Live and work in Oman though, been here for 5 years now and have signed up again.
I guess the Al Jubail option sounds better, but I still need a visa to Saudi? I don't really want to sneak into their territorial waters...
You need to get a bigger boat!!!!
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom