In Kuwait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jalal

What do you think about diving in Gulf area. What are the sea conditions. drop offs, corals, currents, depth, dangerous as for example very agresive sharks and baracudas.

Also what about diving in UAE is it nice there.

gulf area is very nice to dive. i havent experienced such strong currents.. there are sharks and barracudas everywhere.. not dangerous though. very nice wrecks.. coral reefs i will try them out in september.. but for now.. i need to study so i will see you later.. but diving here is great.. expensive if u r a tourist.. need to think sneaky :eyebrow

Jalal

Diver 371

I am not tourist, I finding my way to live now in Kuwait. I didn't in contact with any diving center, because I am busy looking for job. When I settle down. I will find my way in diving.
The question is. Are you talking about diving in UAE, or diving in the gulf area in general? Did you dive in Kuwait before?

I am looking for job in Information Technology field (Databases and webdesigning only, I don't know programming at all). If you can help me in this I will be more than thankful.

Just got back from Kuwait on a work assignment. Unfortunately no time to dive or check out the dive shops.

On the Kuwait Airways, read advertisment about Palm Beach Resort near the Airport. It suppose to have a dive center there.

Hilton closer to the city has a water sports center. Not sure if it has diving, but the Hilton advertisment showed a diver with camera.

I was in kuwait for the military, and i was fortunate enough to do some great diving there. At the Hilton there is a place called KIM center. Linda was my instructor there, and sge was absolutely awesome. I went there with no certs, and i left an advanced openwater diver (PADI). We dove at Kubbar Island a couple of times and a barge that wrecked. I fell in love from the first dive. The only negative with kuwait was the limited vis on certain days, but on the right day, awesome. I hope you don't mind barracuda though, saw lots there. I did also see some awesome rays. Good luck, I hope it helped.

I have moved this thread from Asia to Middle East as it's more appropriate.
Gehadosky - the last time we were talking there was no single word about moving to Kuwait. That's something new. Why????
Unfortunately can't help you much as diving in Kuwait is concerned,. Been there many years ago - during the first Desert Storm. Was not diving at that time. But the country and people are great!!!!!
Mania

there are a couple Kuwaiti Divers on www.deeperblue.net

There are two large groups that I have found here. One is at the Hilton and the other is at the Palms. I dive with the Palms. They have full day five drips every Thursday and Friday. Give them a call.563-7503

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom