In search of octo holder that actually works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got the simple bungee necklace from DRIS
I just got a few dm of bungee cord from a (not-so-local) DS and tied my own necklace. It has performed admirably.

So basically the octo holder that actually works is primary donate. As an alternative, an octo holder that actually works is Air2.

It seems lots of people use different methods and aren't having the problem that you are with your octo holder. Perhaps it has something to do with your form or movements underwater. Maybe you can have a buddy watch you (or film) to find out exactly what you are doing when it falls out. There has to be a pretty simple reason as I rarely (maybe once) have heard of someone having so much trouble with their octo.

I use a necklace and have never had a problem, but I know you don't want to hear that.

I just got a few dm of bungee cord from a (not-so-local) DS and tied my own necklace. It has performed admirably.

If you really meant decimeters, you have my total respect. You're the first person to even use dm in a sentence on SB. ( Someone prove me wrong). Most Americans will have to look that up just to understand what you wrote.

I'm sorry, is this the five or ten pound argument?
I jsut saw your challenge, did a quick search, and posted the first link that came up. I don't want to expend any more effort in thinking beyond that.:):):)

Update:

Sunday during my nav class I tried the octo holder that is essentially a piece of nylon bungee cord to loop around the mouthpiece (with a clip). Just wanted to try it again for experimentation's sake. Octo kept falling out of the damn thing, even though loop was right up against the zip tie on mouthpiece. Pain in the arse trying to put octo back in holder while wearing dry gloves. That holder is getting trashed.

I'll try the snorkel holder one this weekend.

I use this one, fits like the snorkel keeper, but has added benefit I can leave it on Octo and clip/un clip when stowing gear. Just need to be sure you get it behind the ziptie, like the snorkel keeper. https://www.amazon.com/Storm-Octopu...id=1495592339&sr=8-11&keywords=Octopus+holder

If you really meant decimeters.
That's what I meant :)

You're the first person to even use dm in a sentence on SB.
Wohoo!

Most Americans will have to look that up just to understand what you wrote.
Well, we metric folks have to relate to their cubic feet and their other weird units, so I'm figuring that a little bit of exposure to proper units would do them good :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom