In trouble at Hooters

Did I do anything wrong ?

• I hope you dropped the kids off, and went back

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Your Mommy is right your a bad man !

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Look at their faces, Boys will be Boys !

Votes: 143 78.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, and no to doing something wrong. Obviously the kids liked it, but does that make it ok?

My 14 year old wants you to babysit him... Would I let you? No. While the food and bev is good there, it is not a socially acceptable venue for young kids. It is a sexually explicit atmosphere, regardless of the need for $1 bills.

The code you violated was giving the parents a choice as to what their children would be exposed to.

You bad man LIT. (kidding :))

When I get back home I can babysit for whoever wants me too.

Don't for get the sitter fee ! :dollar:

dlndavid:
You bad man LIT. (kidding :))

Sucks dude, only 300 miles away, and I can't go diving with you.

I'll PM you the phone number I'm staying at.

The hubby is 37 and feels he can no longer be trusted at home by himself. He wants to know if he to can be babysat on your watch. The picture was awesome. We are still laughing about it.

Another mother writing in. I see no problem with taking them to Hooters. My son and I have been in several Hooters over the years. That was his request for his 12th birthday, also.

scubalaurel:
While the food and bev is good there, it is not a socially acceptable venue for young kids. It is a sexually explicit atmosphere, regardless of the need for $1 bills.

How so? It's a restaurant, people are in there to enjoy the food and atmosphere. I do not see anything wrong with their selection of clothing, (unfortunately) they are fully clothed and serving food. And as for the $1 comment, that place is as far from it as any other "sports" bar. There are 10 TV's blaring sports, people talking and eating.....no "sex" there.

You can see more skin (I presume that is the issue) at a local beach or heck, even at the mall when the herds of 14year old girls rumble through in their non existent low rider pants or shirts that you couldn't even call a shirt.

So what is wrong with hooters then? How is this place less acceptable then everyday life's "show". But perhaps I am missing something here, perhaps I am missing the prude gene. Or perhaps because I am accustomed to scadly clad female bodies and don't giggle like a school boy when I see a woman's "boobies" in public or make a big taboo out of it. One suggestion, go to Europe!

As for the kids in the pic and their "exposure", at that age they have no idea what is what, they just love the attention.

ps. this is not directed towards you in general, but since you were the only responder that made a comment worth noting, I quoted you. It's seems that it's a very typical N/A mentality to overdue these sort of issues while it can/could/should be handled a lot better without being a prude or some perv drooling in the corner.

EDIT: changed the above word in bold to read as was intended to

Tamas:
ps. this is not directed towards you in general, but since you were the only responder that made a comment worth nothing,

Tamas, I agree with everything except what I quoted above...that's a little harsh. You made your point above this...should of ended it at that.....because of that..you get a :58:

jepuskar:
Tamas, I agree with everything except what I quoted above...that's a little harsh. You made your point above this...should of ended it at that.....because of that..you get a :58:

Oops. My mistake, a really bad typo! That was supposed be "noting", my apologies.

But my points and comments above still stand!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom