Indonesian Domestic Flights (Lion Air) - Luggage Concerns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lion Air is notorious for their delays & gate changes, and sometimes flight schedule,
Hardly had some delays with LionAir, I even experienced my first domestic flight in Indonesia boarding exactly on time (something that doesn't even happen in Changi) and leaving 10 minutes before schedule.
Would rather say LionAir is notorious for 2 things :
-the most tedious procedure for making you pay overweight luggage, usually across the most crowded area in the airport, to a clerk who systematically forgets the prices of the OVW kg and putting batteries in his pocket calculator.
- the unobtainable loyalty card which entitles you for extra kgs. I usually flew more than 10 legs a year with LionAir and never managed to get the card, each time for new obscure reasons. (Needs 3 original boarding passes, doesn't need original boarding passes but the system is down, the system is running but then would need some copies of the original boarding passes, doesn't need any copy of the boarding passes but only obtainable downtown, the responsible in charge is not at the downtown office - understand having a nap home-).

They finally succeeded in me hating their company and try my best to fly Garuda each time I can (which by the way allows an extra piece of 23kg for diving equipment)

Hardly had some delays with LionAir, I even experienced my first domestic flight in Indonesia boarding exactly on time (something that doesn't even happen in Changi) and leaving 10 minutes before schedule.
Would rather say LionAir is notorious for 2 things :
-the most tedious procedure for making you pay overweight luggage, usually across the most crowded area in the airport, to a clerk who systematically forgets the prices of the OVW kg and putting batteries in his pocket calculator.
- the unobtainable loyalty card which entitles you for extra kgs. I usually flew more than 10 legs a year with LionAir and never managed to get the card, each time for new obscure reasons. (Needs 3 original boarding passes, doesn't need original boarding passes but the system is down, the system is running but then would need some copies of the original boarding passes, doesn't need any copy of the boarding passes but only obtainable downtown, the responsible in charge is not at the downtown office - understand having a nap home-).

They finally succeeded in me hating their company and try my best to fly Garuda each time I can (which by the way allows an extra piece of 23kg for diving equipment)
The pros overweight the cons of using Lion Air, but it is a budget airline so I have low expectations.
Garuda is the better choice for sure :)

Back
Top Bottom