Infinity Bay June - Looking for Input/Comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We spent one night there. We were at AKR and hurricane (Ernesto) was headed our way. We were evacuated to IB because of the possible storm surge. It seemed like a really nice place to me.

We hired a cab, a van for 10 people, and went to Coxen Hole for groceries. Overall it was a fun experience. Ernesto changed directions and we were back to AKR the next morning. The one thing we learned is that the eggs are no refrigerated.......

Thank all of you for your comments. I certainly understand that different folks have different views of the same experience, so getting different opinions is helpful. The threads on this site that mention some of the Dept of State warnings are making us a bit apprehensive. Our favorite Caribbean dive destination is Cozumel. We try to dive there once or twice a year. It is as safe as almost any US location and we always enjoy our time there. Just hoping that Roatan is safe as long as we use common sense.

We did book directly with IB, and they indicated that they will pick us up at the airport. It would be great to be able to stop at a store so we can pick up some food supplies, but understand that may not be possible depending on the circumstances. If not, we will grab a taxi later. Can anyone recommend a good grocery store?

We usually dive with Aldora while in Cozumel and they provided excellent concierge diving. We are looking forward to Infinity Divers providing a comparable experience. We would certainly appreciate any comments from anyone else who has been diving with Infinity Divers and especially from anyone who has been diving with both Aldora and Infinity Divers.

I have seen a number of good comments regarding Bananarama, so we will definitely give it a try. As I indicated, we aren’t party animals but do enjoy good beach/Caribbean/Buffett kinds of music – especially if it is live. Can't wait to try the Flor de Cana rum. We usually drink margaritas, so rum will be a nice change!

Thanks again for your comments and hope that all of you are thinking happy diving thoughts!

I also dive with Aldora and will be again in 3 weeks. Aldora is considered a "boutique" dive shop that does all the hauling and cleaning of gear. Never did any diving with IB but don't hold your breath on the concierge type service! Bananarama has a large boat and are highly regarded on West Bay. Good luck, have fun!

Much, much smaller. More of a large convenience store or as we used to call Super Duper's. You will find that, unlike others that will post here, Roatan is much more 3rd world that Cozumel.
I guess it's true that everything is bigger in Texas...LOL

Plaza Mar

plazam6.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom