Inflator hose o-ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobBob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Apparently while flushing out one of our two Zeagle Stiletto BCs, I lost an o-ring. This is the o-ring that sits inside of the hose section and seals against the detachable power inflator -- the one you see sitting around the red (or yellow) piece of plastic that you see when looking into the hose. Does anyone know what size o-ring this is? I tried search all over the zeagle web site but could not find the size. My LDS tried to order one, but whatever they ordered turned out to be way too small, maybe they were looking at the wrong part number or something. At this point I just want to buy my own replacement o-ring. Thanks!

It's probably not on the Zeagle website because it's a standard, non-branded part. If it's what I think it is, I'm very surprised that your LDS couldn't fix it.

Is it the inner o-ring that is visible (barely) from the quick-disconnect side of the inflator hose? It helps to shine a flashlight in there to visualize it.
The one I'm talking about is inside about halfway between the open end of the hose and the Schrader valve. If this o-ring is missing, it will leak once the inflator hose is connected to the power inflator and the first stage is pressurized.
The standard size for that o-ring in most BCD inflator hoses is 011. It's kind of difficult to replace. I don't own a Zeagle BCD, so I'm not sure whether the company provides a standard inflator hose.

No, it's actually an easily visible o-ring. When the power inflator is disconnected, this o-ring seals the inside of the power inflator with the outside of a plastic tube. I can't find a photo online, but if you look at photos of the "zeagle power inflator" on images.google.com, you can see a red piece of plastic sticking out of the hose that they have in the photo of the power inflator. The o-ring goes around this red piece of plastic.

I guess I can just buy a kit of o-rings and hope that the size is in there somewhere... although presumably (?) it is a non standard size due to the LDS not having one on hand.

I guess this is a pic: Zeagle Bx Power Inflator at Divers-Supply.com

That looks like a zeagle unique design so it is not something you can expect to pick up in just any shop (although most should be able to match the o-ring if the original were not AWOL). Call one of the internet Zeagle dealers and I'm sure they can take care of you. The required o-ring may be larger than what you would find in a package of standard scuba replacement o-rings.

No, it's actually an easily visible o-ring. When the power inflator is disconnected, this o-ring seals the inside of the power inflator with the outside of a plastic tube. I can't find a photo online, but if you look at photos of the "zeagle power inflator" on images.google.com, you can see a red piece of plastic sticking out of the hose that they have in the photo of the power inflator. The o-ring goes around this red piece of plastic.
I guess this is a pic: Zeagle Bx Power Inflator at Divers-Supply.com

That looks like a zeagle unique design so it is not something you can expect to pick up in just any shop (although most should be able to match the o-ring if the original were not AWOL). Call one of the internet Zeagle dealers and I'm sure they can take care of you. The required o-ring may be larger than what you would find in a package of standard scuba replacement o-rings.
Whoops! I was thinking about a completely different o-ring. Perhaps give the guys over at Scubatoys.com a call. They sell Zeagle equipment, and I'm sure that they could set you up with the proper o-ring. If it's that easy to lose, it might be worth obtaining several spares. Good luck.

Sorry for the delay....DEMA stuff has been bogging me down!!!

The o-ring you need is a 114 70 durometer buna o-ring.

If you cannot find one anywhere, let me know.

In the future, this will be added to our BC Service Kit (part # 345-0405) which every diver should probably carry with them...especially during travel, liveaboards, etc.

Thanks,

Scott

Back
Top Bottom