Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ice-man

Reaction score
I am going to buy a new air integrated with nitrox capabilities. Please give me some feedback good or bad. About your own comp.

(ps.) So Far I am leaning toward the Sherwood Wisdom

Thanks,
Ice :crafty:

My wife and I both have Oceanic AI units. Hers is a Datamax Pro Plus (hose), mine is a VT Pro (hoseless).

Here's what I like about are units:
--BIG numbers, easy to read underwater (esp. since I wear reading glasses).
--Very simple screens, with limited data. Easy to scroll through other info. if you want.
--I LIKE the bar graph NDL info. I find this much easier to interpret for "decompression" state (how close am I), and allows me to quickly adjust my dive profile..
--Units tend to be durable, and you can change the batteries yourself.
--The factory has always been very good in supporting us.

BTW, Oceanic, Aeris, and Sherwood are all made by Pelagic, so they're essentially the same units...

Even though as jrd159 points out, they are basically the same, there is a huge difference in how the different companies stand behind them. We get the fastest service with Aeris if there is ever a problem. And their download software is included with the units - you just buy the cable - which lowers the cost of the download kit by $50 over sherwood.

But any of them will give you the same info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom