instructors/classes in southern ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He gets a little big for his britches on occasion :) You'd have to meet him to understand:D
Ber :bunny:

at least my gear is all one color....and it's not hot pink...but I've got to get some of that for the DIR class in June

I disagree.

"Remember that the agency (SSI, PADI, NAUI, YMCA) is not important."

The agency is very important. The instructor is more important, but most instructors are a product of their agency. Some instructors have overcome their early training, most have not.

The "military" approach is almost never encountered these days. Some misinformed folks confuse thoroughness with a military approach. The keys to a good class are a comprehensive approach (rare) taught by a patient instructor who can explain and demonstrate clearly.

dub once bubbled...
Hey Mike,

thank you for the advice--- I don't know what any of those questions mean but...... i will take your advice and ask away. I think the next class starts in early may but I may wait longer depending on what instuctor i choose. I think most here just take the course that is closest to their home and really don't think about the instructor but I have heard it makes a huge difference.

Peace,
dub

I, of course realize that since you haven't yet started your training most of those questions wouldn't mean anything to you. Unfortunately that's how lousy instructors stay in business. Nobody asks relevant questions and I know because I have yet to have a prospective student ask a single question that would tell them what kind of instructor I am. All anyone asks is "How much?" and "How long?"

PS. I think your safe with Ber but look out for the rest of the group. LOL Tell her you want to frog kick!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

PS. I think your safe with Ber but look out for the rest of the group. LOL Tell her you want to frog kick!

I'll show you how to do the kick for that, I do gigged frog fairly well LOL! One day this summer I'm going to round you up and have you fix my frog or drown yourself laughing, whichever comes first :)

Dub,
He's making fun of me because I have 3 kicks, frog isn't one of them and my attempts at it are hilarious! I understand the concept but my legs don't listen :)

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...

I'll show you how to do the kick for that, I do gigged frog fairly well LOL! One day this summer I'm going to round you up and have you fix my frog or drown yourself laughing, whichever comes first :)

It's a deal and I won't laugh. Although I've seen attempts at a backwards kick that seriously endangered my professional empathetic demeanor.
Dub,
He's making fun of me because I have 3 kicks, frog isn't one of them and my attempts at it are hilarious! I understand the concept but my legs don't listen :)

Not making fun of...Having fun with.

when you're gonna do this Mike. I wanna come and watch:D
Might even sell tickets and have some concessions:wink:

Just kidding Ber darling, but your description of your frog kick did sound like a sight to see:D

Don't want to sound harsh or mean, but in Dayton, Oh, there is only 1 LDS to go to. That's Aquatic Realm on South Metro, off of Wilmington Pike in Centerville. Lynn and Cindy are the best in the business. Bar none. They are a 5 star PADI shop. The quality of training is the best.

95devils once bubbled...
Don't want to sound harsh or mean, but in Dayton, Oh, there is only 1 LDS to go to. That's Aquatic Realm on South Metro, off of Wilmington Pike in Centerville. Lynn and Cindy are the best in the business. Bar none. They are a 5 star PADI shop. The quality of training is the best.

Not that being associated with a shop is all bad, but one shouldn't limit their scope to instructors attached to one. Some of the best instructors I know are Independents.

95devils,

I'm sure Lynn and Cindy are excellent instructors. They may even be the best anywhere, but being associated with a 5 star shop is meaningless. It's not like 5 stars is a rating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom