Interesting order experience with Scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One time they sent me an email with specials and I tried to order something off the page it sent me too. But when I tried to order it they told me it was a different price. I did the instant chat thing to find out why and they basically told me I was an idiot and full of it and why could I not understand a simple web page.

After telling the person I was not an idot and telling them to look at the page I WAS LOOKING AT. They finally looked at the same page and decided it was an error. They then disconnected the chat and changed the page to a different price. After finally reconnecting to there chat they said that is the price deal with it.

I might buy from them again, maybe not.

I don't use scuba.com any more after they totally messed up one of my orders and never fixed it.

I ordered a pair of medium spring straps, they sent me XL's... I sent them back (they said they would reimburse me, which they never did) and sent me out another pair... this pair was marked medium on the package, but it actually contained one large and one extra large. I called them, and they said ship it back again. I did, stupidly via mail WITHOUT delivery confirmation.

You guessed it, "we never got the return". No straps, no refund of shipping, nada.

Never again. I will stick with Scubatoys and Leisurepro (although ScubaToys is my first choice, I use LP only if ST doesn't have what I want) if I am buying online... I would rather do LDS whenever possible though.

I've definitely had some problem with Scuba.com and will never do business with them again. I had a particular product "backordered" for a period of 3 months. I received notifications every two weeks stating that my delivery date had changed. This was all for a mask strap cover. I ended up cancelling my order.

It is quite common for web retailers to request that you add a "shipping" address to your credit card account if it is different than your billing address. I get this all the time with camera and electronic gear purchase. It's for your protection.

1+

Some companies ship to addresses different from billing address without a problem, some require you to contact your bank first, and a few ONLY ship to the billing address no matter what!

As RJP said, this is actually to protect you from someone stealing your identity and buying stuff on your card, and shipping it to themselves.

As far as Scuba.com, I've been pleased with the service I've gotten from them. I buy gear from a number of online scuba retailers, but would use Scuba.com again without hesitation.

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom