Internet gear question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've ordered OMS wing from Leisure.pro last December. Because I live in Serbia, I had to organize a friend in US to buy it and transport it here.

In my first dive, the inflator hose fell off???!!!!

Since I'm here, and it cost me alot to ship it back to U.S., I can forget about warranties or any of that "refund for damage" type of thing.

I was very dissapointed, since many divers recommended that I go with Leisure.pro.

awap:
Why did you select this site for your internet shopping? Unable to compare based on your selections, I used the Mares Proton Ice to compare this site with Scubatoys and Leisurepro with interesting results:

http://www.scuba-equipment-usa.com/express/94.php
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ProtonIce
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Item...ort_SKU/DescSort_0/Filter_1=437/MRSV32PI.html

Happy and thorough shopping for real savings! :eyebrow:

Mirjana:
I've ordered OMS wing from Leisure.pro last December. Because I live in Serbia, I had to organize a friend in US to buy it and transport it here.

In my first dive, the inflator hose fell off???!!!!

Since I'm here, and it cost me alot to ship it back to U.S., I can forget about warranties or any of that "refund for damage" type of thing.

I was very dissapointed, since many divers recommended that I go with Leisure.pro.

LP probably never touched anything other than the package your wing came in. It is unlikely they would ever catch a manufacturing defect or make any adjustements to something they sold. Blame that on whoever you would like and shop accordingly.

OTOH, reattaching a hose should be fairly easy. If you are talking the corrugated hose, just slip it back on (may need a little soap) and secure with a couple zip ties.

Friday, I purchased a Maximus reg and a Sherwood Tortuga from an LDS. All the basic set items, snorkle, mask, fins etc, I bought from my PADI instructor (No dive shop, just affiliation with TUSA). Pricing was fair, and I think I will get any difference back in additional services like free access to the LDS's large pool.

Thanks,

Stan

divemastergreg:
I have no problem with that, fills to off set prices. Loyal customers get alot in return. Atleast mine do. I will go above and beyond for those guys. We give away dive trips, fills, fill cards, and some service stuff we do for free. We are not here to make tons of money. We just want to stay open and be able to dive.

ive bought all my gear at leiruepro.com(-exept fins, wet suit and mask )unbeatable prizes and receive everything in a timely manner. look around online and you will get better prizes than your local dive shops.

it's not only a hose. it's the entire thing with that plastic "connector" or whatever you call it (excuse my ingorance)....there's nothing you can "zip it" to....
it's difficult to buy gear in this part of the world....especially if you're trying DIR......

what was that about a soap?

awap:
LP probably never touched anything other than the package your wing came in. It is unlikely they would ever catch a manufacturing defect or make any adjustements to something they sold. Blame that on whoever you would like and shop accordingly.

OTOH, reattaching a hose should be fairly easy. If you are talking the corrugated hose, just slip it back on (may need a little soap) and secure with a couple zip ties.

I know I'm not going to change any minds here, but I purchased the bulk of my and my wife's gear from Scuba Toys. I have full waranties on all of my gear and I saved at least $1,200.00 to $1,400.00 by purchasing my gear from them. I got great service, I got the gear I wanted (my LDS didn't sell all of the brands I wanted), and I could not be happier. Larry is a great guy, he gave me a great deal of advise and was always free to speak with me.

I' also bought a Faber 85 from Tech Diving Limited. I spoke to and PM'd Joel Silverstein directly on a few occasions and was totally satisfied with the purchase. I even had my LDS attach the valve and do a visual on it. They were very professional and gladly helped me out.

I've also bought plenty of gear (tanks, lights, masks, fins, weights, a compass, etc. well over $1,400) from my LDS. They give me good advise and willingly serviced all of my gear, no matter where I bought it.

I am a consumer. I work for my money. I buy what I want and look for the best deal. The "S" in LDS stands for "Shop". It is not a club where the mark up is some sort of membership fee.

Mirjana:
it's not only a hose. it's the entire thing with that plastic "connector" or whatever you call it (excuse my ingorance)....there's nothing you can "zip it" to....
it's difficult to buy gear in this part of the world....especially if you're trying DIR......

what was that about a soap?
Zdravo, Mirjana!

Please tell us a little bit more about how your inflator hose "fell off."

I've searched for diagrams of inflator hoses, and found one by Oceanic here (scroll down to Page 7)... I know, it's different from your OMS (OMS doesn't look like it has a pull dump), but the basic layout is the same... and so is the parts terminology.

Awap was assuming the Corrugated Hose (Part 8) came off the Upper Housing Body Assembly (Part 4). The zip tie(s) he was talking about was the Tie Wrap (Part 7) holding the hose onto the housing. The soap was to lubricate the hose so it would go on easier.

Was that it? Did something actually break or tear (in which case you may have problems), or just come apart?

OMS replacement parts are available... see here. Problem is, like you say of course, that you're in Serbia.

--Marek

bp_968:
Heck the local paintball shops filled my 4500psi paintball tanks for 3$ (and thats alot harder on your compressor then 3000psi scuba tanks). Actually if the LDS's went under I am sure the paintball places could make some adjustments to assure quality air and take up the slack for very little expense.

Ben
The suppplier of paint ball air could supply air for divers as long as the air is checked and has the pressure and volume to keep up. Hey, wait a minute, It would have to be the same kind of compressor the dive store had, to supply all the divers in the area. Remember the Other "LIttle things" insurance and libilities incured suppling divers air. There is an additional charge for "Breathing air" than just working air.
If You or Your other Members of a club decide to go Nitrox, then the "Paintball" store, picking up all the divers requirements, would then provide O2 clean air but, I'm sure the costs would be just like the prices they charge You for the Paintball gun...I'm doubting it. Once the legal issues come into play the price of the equipment goes up too.
Be sure to find out when the next scuba course is coming at the paintball store when the next advanced SCUBA class is being held....The Paintball man has to do quite a bit more than sell the guns and fill some little air cylinder .......just thoughts

Should try it in Aus... A UK Light Cannon sells for about US$530. I bought my Tusa xpert Xooms for about $100 shipped (with a free bag), the same fins are about US$230 here.

Heck I could pay abou $430 to have brand new regs shipped or pay US$910 for the same thing. As some others have said, I could "lose my regs, light, and fins, and replace it all with the local Aussie price of the regs alone - and still save money. some times, the $$$ difference is far too much to even consider. 30% more? I wish... If the LDS could supply products for only a 30% mark up over the prices you guys can get at a place like scubatoys, I'd buy local.

how does my LDS make money? I pay them to take me diving, and to teach me.

Z...

Back
Top Bottom