Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anyone using SP1 with the Intova Red Filter? I have noticed that at depth the water gets in between the filter and the camera lens and messes up the footage pretty badly. How do you get around this problem? It seems the seal of the red filter isn't nearly tight enough to prevent water penetration. That's been my experience on my last week long trip.

you need to attach the red filter underwater, remove all the air trap in between since this is a wet lens

OK, there was some operator error and misunderstanding last week. We were in Cayman and using the Intova for the first time. The user manual sucks, in my opinion. However, we did figure out how to format the SD chip and finally turn off the 3 minute timers (grrrrr.) The buttons are very hard to press. (whining is over)

Now for the real question.

Some of our shorter videos came over from the SD chip to the computer just fine. However some did not. The icon was that of a video clip with a musical note on it, it was an MP4 file like the rest (I understand Windows Media Player supposed like does not play well with MP4), but none of the video players I tried could open it. Am I doing something wrong? Is the chip bad? Is the camera bad? :idk:

Capture.jpg

Capture1.JPG

---------- Post Merged at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Here's one that did come out.

Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman, 60' to 70', Intova has red filter on.

you should be ab;e to choose the format you wish to down load save it it .maybe it is you r software on your PC all the videos i have down loaded I have had the option

you should be ab;e to choose the format you wish to down load save it it .maybe it is you r software on your PC all the videos i have down loaded I have had the option

When I plug the SD card into the computer it automatically brings up WMP to import. No options are presented. What software do you use to import?

---------- Post Merged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Ok, I think I've narrowed it down to either user error (improper installation of SD card, improper seating) or the SD card is bad. When I tried to view the corrupted video directly from the card using the Intova I received a data error message. The import process apparently had nothing to do with my problem. I don't understand why some videos would be good and others bad on the same chip during the same dive, but I suppose if the chip did not lock in properly it could happen, but my stronger suspension is that the SD card is faulty. I can't reproduce the problem using the camera here in the house. :idk:

This is not going to help you with your problems, but it is a great no-frills video player that will play almost anything you throw at it. It is extremely light, and fast to load:
SMPlayer - General Info

It is mplayer (open source media player) with a windows GUI. I have replaced all my video extensions to use this player.

How did you do this?

To get to the TOOLS menu, press MENU button, then press the UP button (you won't see anything happen), then press the OK button. Then press the DOWN button until you scroll down to the AUTO OFF item, press OK, press UP or DOWN arrow until it says OFF. Press OK. Then scroll down to LCD OFF, press OK, scroll to OFF, press OK.

The user manual really sucks, in my opinion. A lot of what you need to know about using the Intova is learned by trial and error or in forums like this.

Took me forever to learn to hold the power button for 3 to 4 seconds to turn it off.

---------- Post Merged at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Filter or no filter?

For those unsure about purchasing a filter, here's a video where I removed the filter toward the end. Pay no attention to the content of the video. This was taken in about 35' of salt water.

Please install the red filter only in the water. This will ensurethere are no air bubbles. Also, you should only use filter below 25 feet or itwill add too much red to photos.
Regards,
Joe

Joe, thanks for your input, I think I was installing the filter above surface which resulted in a strange 'fringing' effect in the footage since the filter was about half filled with water at depth with small air bubbles... Colors were much improved at shallower depths although red 'flicker' effect was present in the footage taken in the blue water below 100ft. It would help if correct usage instructions were printed on the packaging of the filter...

Back
Top Bottom