Introducing our new Cruise Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunMari:
This is a wonderful thread, I hope to get much use out of it since my hubby and I are planning a cruise soon. :)

I been hocked on Liveaboards since my First in 1987 Been doing at least one a year since.

I just went on the Windsurf which is part of the windstar line. This is a relatively new program for them, your also able to get certified. They had 4 divemasters aboard and had dives set up with local shops at all but one of the ports. The experience was great. We did a shark feed at Roatan and snorkeled with wild dolphins between dives.
Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa de Mayo Mexico. The service was great as was everything else and the non divers in the group had a great time also. I also did the same thing with a Celebrity Cruise but set up all the dives on my own and found other divers going on the same cruise. This was much cheaper as the ship seems to add about 40% to the cost. If you have any questions i'd be glad to help. Thanks Divekraz

Just got back from taking a cruise out of Galveston on the Elation. Got a two tank dive in Cozumel and a two tank dive in Belize.

fmw625:
Just got back from taking a cruise out of Galveston on the Elation. Got a two tank dive in Cozumel and a two tank dive in Belize.

Now that sounds good...we're only a couple hours from Galveston! What dive shop did you use in Belize, or did you go with the ship's excursion?

sublady153:
I have never cruised, I want to someday, I have never dived, never want to, never say never though, I would like to know more about people's experiences cruising, where they went, what they did for fun --- besides eat, & lay in the sun.

so what brings you to scubaboard if you have no desire to dive? Just curious. I just find it interesting to go to hobby (or obsession as it were) board for something that you are not interested in. I mean, we're good people, but... :)

I am sure you have your reasons...

In Belize It's probably better to use the ships shore excursion. You are transported off the boat in Belize by water taxi. Those diving ship excursions were off first. Privite bookings left later during general departure even if on the same excursion.

This is great news,especially since we leave for our first cruise soon,but not soon enough.But the best part about the cruise, will be the diving that we'll be doing in the Caymans. I know that it will be breath-taking,to say the least.I would appreciate any and all tips that members care to share about their particular experiences with diving while cruisin',especially since this is our first time.Thanks again for the new section...................

I have been here on SB for some time and have gone on one dive trip with a great group of divers from here. This is the first I heard of this forum. I do not know how I managed to miss it. I try to go on at least three dive trips a year and at least one cruise, so this forum is a good idea. I am a little curious about the fact that it does not seem to be very well received. I have found that the combination of cruising and diving works well together. I am looking forward to some discussions about this.

DSDO

The last post was almost a month ago and it was mine. Are there not any other cruise/divers there? Any way, I am booked on a cruise with NCL (Dream) for 10/29 - 11/5 to the western Caribbean. It looks like it may be bad timing due to the BIG storm, Wilma. Hopefully the Yucatan Peninsula will not have much damage. The other bad news is that they are having engine troubles and will be skipping Roatan (boo, hiss) and that is a dive locale I really like. They are also substituting Progresso for Cancun, but that is not a big deal with me, since Cancun is not very high on my list of places to visit.

By the way, does anyone know if there is any good diving out of Progresso? I have not been able to find anything in my internet searches and the cruise line says that I will need to wait until we are on the boat to see what they are offering for shore excursions.

Counting the days.

DSDO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom