Introducing our new Cruise Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it looks like my hopes that the Yucatan area would not be damaged by the storm is wrong. Our cruise is diverting to only Belize and Roatan. I have pre-booked dives in both of these spots. I have dived there before and look forward to going again. We leave on Saturday for a week. Because of some engine problems, we are only making the two stops rather than the four we were supposed to make. It still sounds like a lot of fun. Let's hear from the rest of you as well.

DSDO

Aeolus:
Well, it looks like my hopes that the Yucatan area would not be damaged by the storm is wrong. Our cruise is diverting to only Belize and Roatan. I have pre-booked dives in both of these spots. I have dived there before and look forward to going again. We leave on Saturday for a week. Because of some engine problems, we are only making the two stops rather than the four we were supposed to make. It still sounds like a lot of fun. Let's hear from the rest of you as well.

DSDO

Have fun! As you know, you can't go wrong.

We were diverted yet agin. This time we wound up in Progresso, MX and Veracruz, MX. Therefore, no diving at either location. Result - BIG disappointment.

Aeolus:
We were diverted yet agin. This time we wound up in Progresso, MX and Veracruz, MX. Therefore, no diving at either location. Result - BIG disappointment.

Hi Aeolus, well, as a matter of fact there are some good reefs and wrecks to explore in Veracruz, so anybody going there can indeed go diving. I dive there often -- I have just come back from two days of diving there, as matter of fact!. There are many dive shops along the coastal road that can accomodate anybody's needs. You can see photos of what it is like in here: http://www.inaoep.mx/~itziar/images/ver/veracruz.html

If you (or anybody else) needs further information, please let me know.

Cheers,

Itziar

well il say this, i went on a princess cruise last year, the whole family, mother father in laws, sister bro in law, 3 nephews and my 2 kids, that was the best family vaca i had ever been on, kids range from( then) 12 to 6 yrs old. they basicly did their thing and kept in contact, and we did ours. mostly the kids wre in the pool or put put. and of course i dove in cozumel. i started a tread here also the feb cruise, we will be cruising in feb w/o kids out of galviston, and diving belize, i hear that is the best in the carribean......

hey guys, just went on a great liveaboard cruise to the Similan islands in the andaman sea in thailand. What a wonderful experiance great Viz lots of great corals and saw so many mantas it wasnt funny!! Couple of close encounters with a Titan trigger fish only added to the experiance. the boat M/V Jazz was a delight to be on & with A/C cabins/ensuite bathrooms with hotwater for after those "cold" night dives a treat. All the staff on board were very helpfull & professional. Check out www.siamadventuredivers.com for yourselves................

foneguy:
well il say this, i went on a princess cruise last year, the whole family, mother father in laws, sister bro in law, 3 nephews and my 2 kids, that was the best family vaca i had ever been on, kids range from( then) 12 to 6 yrs old. they basicly did their thing and kept in contact, and we did ours. mostly the kids wre in the pool or put put. and of course i dove in cozumel. i started a tread here also the feb cruise, we will be cruising in feb w/o kids out of galviston, and diving belize, i hear that is the best in the carribean......

Have done cruise "Presidents' Week" for the last 14 or 15 years (only diving for last 11). Most of the cruises was able to dive in 2 to 4 of the ports. This year doing 8 day to Panama and was supposed to be Cozumel and Costa Rica. About two weeks ago got fax that Coz was changed to Costa Maya. As far as I can figure out, no diving in Panama, and none in Costa Rica. So that only leaves one dive stop.

any idea why my post from earely evening did not take in liveaboards? submitted from edit but do not see the post??????? thx, RAndall grrrrrr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom