Introducing the Game Changer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WHITES Justin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whites Manufacturing Releases Thermal Fusion Undergarment​

Thermal Fusion sets a new standard in warmth and flexibility​

Victoria, BC Oct 28th, 2011 - Whites Manufacturing, developers of the revolutionary Fusion Dry Suit, announces the Nov 1st release of the Thermal Fusion Undergarment.

A high performance diving undergarment, the Thermal Fusion maximizes warmth, while providing unrivalled flexibility and fit. At the heart of the Thermal Fusion is patent pending ThermalCORE technology. Inspired by the Whites Fusion dry suit, ThermalCORE technology is a unique, dual layer design. The first layer, a loose cut core constructed of Polartec Classic 200 fleece, fits a wide size range, and does not restrict movement. The second, outer layer is a Polartec Power Stretch Pro compression skin which streamlines the inner core to the diver’s body, provides a custom fit, and allows maximum range of motion.

“The design criteria was clear”, says Justin Balaski, Brand Manager, Whites Manufacturing,” We set out to create an undergarment that would provide divers with excellent insulation value, unmatched flexibility, and a better than custom fit. The result is the Thermal Fusion”.

Designed by divers, the Thermal Fusion was subjected to rigorous testing by professionals to ensure the highest levels of comfort and warmth. Proven by science, independent laboratory tests at the Canadian Sport Center were conducted to validate the superior insulation value of the Thermal Fusion. Comparative cold water immersion and cold weather environmental tests were performed.

“Relative to the competitor’s undergarment, the Thermal Fusion protected the diver much more effectively..,” says Dr. Gordon Sleivert, VP of sport performance for the Canadian Sport Center Pacific, “the Thermal Fusion performed marvellously and prevented any drop in deep body core temperature...”

See the science at Sport Diving - Thermal Fusion - Undergarment - Whites Diving.

Whites Manufacturing, based in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, was founded in 1956 and was the first Dry Suit manufacturer in North America. Now an Aqua Lung company, Whites designs and manufactures Dry Suits for recreational, commercial, military, and public safety divers around the world.

Attachments

• TFlow-res.jpg
    TFlow-res.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 952
Ha! :scorned:

I won't believe this until either *I* or TSandM says it's warm!

:blinking:

I looked through the study. It would be very useful to know which undergarment this was compared to. There is a broad range of undergarments, and there are some I know from experience aren't as warm as others. Comparing this one to the MK3, for example, instead of to an unknown competitor, would have been more meaningful.

I have to agree here. The "science" is very vague and not particularly useful. If you don't want to name the competitor then compare to your own garments.

The Thermal Fusion was compared to the MK3 as well. The Thermal properties were virtually identical. The issue with the Mk3 is the bulk and weight. Anyone can make a bulky warm undergarment which is why we chose to publish the results based upon comparison to a market leader in thin, flexible undergarments.

Thanks! THAT information is very useful.

So, you are saying your Thermal Fusion is as warm as the MK3 undergarment, but is more thin and flexible?

Thanks! THAT information is very useful.

So, you are saying your Thermal Fusion is as warm as the MK3 undergarment, but is more thin and flexible?

Since TSandM has dived the MK3, I think you should send her a demo set for her to review.

Seriously, it's not warm until TSandM says it's WARM!!!!

A few weeks ago I was talking to the owner of a LDS in Massachusetts about undergarments and he mentioned that was told that these were supposed to be warmer the 4th Element Artics. He had an order in for his rental fleet and with any luck I'm going to try and rent a pair in a week or so. If these are indeed warmer than this might be just what I'm looking for in a new undergarment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom