Introducing the Liquivision Xen & Xeo!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking for a copy or a draft for the Xeo User Manual or at least more detailed information on the Xeo.

I'm looking for a copy or a draft for the Xeo User Manual or at least more detailed information on the Xeo.

The user manual for the Xeo will be released at the same time the Xeo computers are, which we expect to be late February/early March 2011. All the functionality of the unit is listed here: Liquivision : Scuba : Xeo

If you have specific questions, I'm glad to provide further clarification.

-Doug
Liquivision Sales & Marketing Manager

Wow, I got a chance to play with one of the Xens last night -- I was very pleasantly surprised at how small it was. The photographs had given me the idea that it was going to be much larger and bulkier than the X1, and it really isn't. And I think the colors are actually useful for making the screen instantly interpretable.

Can't wait until I can dive one!

Before spending a thousand or more bucks I'd love to see it, feel it, tap it, run my car over it, that kind of thing. I'm an engineer after all :doctor:

Which is not so easy for any of your products over here in Europe! The biggest annual dive exhibition in Europe would be the The World of Diving -- boot Trade Fair Jan 22 - 30 in Germany.

Is there any chance that Liquivision would present their products there? I'd drive 350km one way just for you :)

And for that torch. Some regs, another stage, bolt snaps, dry suit socks, .... you know the drill :D

Before spending a thousand or more bucks....

Which is not so easy for any of your products over here in Europe! The biggest annual dive exhibition in Europe would be the The World of Diving -- boot Trade Fair Jan 22 - 30 in Germany.

Is there any chance that Liquivision would present their products there? I

Hope you get an answer, i asked it already two times...beside nice words about how good the stuff is they didnt answered my questions.

We have tot pay probally 1000 EURO for an XEO and that is 1310 DOLLAR, so before paying the price i would love to see it. ( x1 cost overhere 1630 dollar)
Take in mind that liquivision dont have many dealers overhere..in holland just 4 and all of them in the northern part so i have to make a ride of 3 hours one way.
On this moment i am also looking for the predator which is present at BOOT, i did received and price of the predator which is lower then 950 euro !!!!!!

On this moment i am also looking for the predator which is present at BOOT, i did received and price of the predator which is lower then 950 euro !!!!!!

Thanks for the hint, Jan - the Predator is certainly very high on my wish-list! Let's see how they react.

Vieleicht sehen wir uns auf BOOT :)
Maybe we meet on BOOT

If i have to make a choice for an Buhlmann trimix computer then i prefer the Predator on this moment.

Vieleicht sehen wir uns auf BOOT :)
Maybe we meet on BOOT

If i have to make a choice for an Buhlmann trimix computer then i prefer the Predator on this moment.

True, the Predator is an excellent product (as all Shearwater products are), and I highly encourage you to visit their booth at Boot. I do not know whether Liquivision will be at Boot this year or not... or whether one of our dealers will be instead.

There are a few key differences between the Predator and the Xeo, the greatest of which are the pressure sensors (Liquivision now uses a ceramic pressure sensor which is MUCH more reliable than standard pressure sensors used in most dive instrumentation), the actual size of the unit (Predator is rather large comparatively to the Xen, Xeo, or X1 and takes up much more space on the arm), and the issue of internal reflection - if you turn a Predator away from perpendicular to your eyes, at about 45 degrees or so (this is an estimate) you can no longer read the display due to internal reflection (see the segment in our video: The Ultimate Diving Machine on Vimeo). Some people do not find this to be an issue, however others do, especially those who utilize scooters. The X1, Xen, and Xeo can all be read at 170 degrees, with absolutely no internal reflection issues.

Again, Shearwater makes an excellent product. The matter of Liquivision versus Shearwater is merely that of personal preference. Does size bother you? Does internal reflection bother you? Is price a consideration? Is being bungie-ready a consideration? Are colors important to you? Is the pressure sensor (and big failure point in ALL dive computers) important to you? Is service important to you (Shearwater and Liquivision offer top-shelf customer service, therefore my recommendation would be to go with one of the two of us on service)?

On a side note... TSandM should be diving a Xen unit within the week. :wink:

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

Hope you get an answer, i asked it already two times...beside nice words about how good the stuff is they didnt answered my questions.

We have tot pay probally 1000 EURO for an XEO and that is 1310 DOLLAR, so before paying the price i would love to see it. ( x1 cost overhere 1630 dollar)
Take in mind that liquivision dont have many dealers overhere..in holland just 4 and all of them in the northern part so i have to make a ride of 3 hours one way.

Strike me pink, what a whinge,:mooner: Australia has 1 dealer/distributer. He's in WA, about 3500km away from almost everyone else in the country, just a bit more than a 3 hour drive.

Mind you he's a good dealer to deal with. If someone 3500km away wants to play look & see, or take one for a try dive, he sends them a unit to play with.

Back
Top Bottom