Irrational fears..Help me, Scuba-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL I would rather dive with sharks than cudas

Twenty something years back(Cant remember the exact year) I think I was 22 at the time I had a 3' to 4' bull snag a tooth on my right shin, I have a perfect Scar that looks like a sharks tooth I still carry on that shin but I am still not afraid of getting in the water ,as a matter of fact I packed the missing chunk of meat from my leg with Watkins Carbo Salve put a bandage around it and went right back in the water.

I am scared to death of heights therefore don't expect me to jump out of an air plane
and it would be a dangerous situation for someone to try to get me to do it against my will.
You don't need to nag someone into doing something they are not comfortable doing. JM.02

In my experiences of different fears I had to face my fears. To really get over anything you pretty much have to face it.

My recommendation is to go to a local aquarium and start small. Even watching shark documentaries and what not will educate her and expose her a little more to the animal. Some aquariums have pet tanks and I'd have her get comfortable with all marine life as well as sharks. Let her touch and feel and also see statistics of shark attacks. I will admit, I was intimidated also when I swam in the Caribbean and thought of sharks and its perfectly normal considering most of us were raised to fear the animal. So I read statistics and became less intimidated and more interested. Now I hope to personally learn more of the animal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom