Is a free diver a diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats why it piss me off..
The media purposely make things unclear for sales and that lack of precision is further spread by the general public who dont know better..
The media claim to be there to inform, but theire rather there to confuse and create hype...
"Never attribute to malice that which could be more easily attributed to incompetence."

"Never attribute to malice that which could be more easily attributed to incompetence."
When it comes to the media, I think it should be "Never attribute to incompetence that which is most definetly a sales pitch"...

that annoys me a lot less than a diver using an oxygen tank at 30 meters :)
Won't annoy you for very long tho..

someone has to bring the body up
Very true and I can definetly see that person being annoyed..

So who would you rather call "a diver" ?

This guy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXQbucZUDA
Wheres the fail? He does exactly what he tries to... Not saying its smart, but its intended..

Hes an insanely good FREEdiver...
The bellyflopper is just a silly scuba diver...

On a scuba forum I can see how everyone talk about diving and not scuba diving just as I can see how theid do the same on a freediving forum, but in the general public theres a whole lot of difference between "he scubadived the arch" and "he freedived the arch" wouldnt you think? Sure it requires training and gear to go to 55 meters with scuba gear, but DAMN its a whole lot less people wholl be able to do it WITHOUT BREATHING :eek:
And even less so that can do it without fins.. Sick, sick man..

never said fail ... thats just the youtube title.

My point is - one is a free diver. The other is a SCUBA diver. Which one do you call a diver ? The guy with tanks on his back qualifies and the other doesn't ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom