Is an inline adjustment tool necessary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If ScubaTools is still reading this, can I ask that you start carrying the old style one again?

The slot only kind that springs away from the orifice when you turn on the air?

The Dual Drive is of course necessary for the allen wrench ones, but because it does not positively disengage like the old slot only one does. I end up bumping the adjustment accidentally all the time.

Two thoughts:

#1 Which regs does it not work on? The Allen wrench types or the older USD types?

#2 If yu buy an inline adjuster, get one that srpings away from the orifice under pressure.

This one is annoying:
2nd stage inline adjustment tool with gauge - IST - Pressure Checker Gauges - Scuba diving
this one is nice, but only works on the flat scredriver type crowns:
2ND STAGE INLINE ADJUSTMENT TOOL SCUBA GEAR PSI CHECKER - IST - Pressure Checker Gauges - Scuba diving

None of the inline tools work with the Scubapro D-series or octo/inflators. And different inline tool required for hose end adjustments vs user adjustment end (SP G250HP, S600, others).

I can vouch for this being useful as I have invested in one of these myself. Hell, with all of the stuff I have bought I should own stock!:D

Sorry to resurrect a very old thread, but i'm doing my research on the inline adjusters out there and had to ask a question...

why the need for the gauge on the inline adjustment tool?

Does adjusting the 2nd stage have any effect on this IP gauge at all? I typically use a gauge to check the IP via the LPI. Is there any affect or advantage to having it on the 2nd stage instead? Or is it just considered an "optional" upgrade because you've already removed the reg, so why not?

some speculate that the IP measured (in a dynamic situation) is not accurately measured at the dead end of an LPI hose. In a static condition, there is no measurable difference.

The thing is, an "all in one" is "useful". Is your reg free flowing because of high IP or because of a bad seat or because it's out of tune? The diagnostic information is all in one hand...

"convenience"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom