Is an inline adjustment tool necessary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attached are schematics for two S600 balance chambers. Rev B is the older. I expect that the same balance chambers may be used on other models. So which one do you have on the R109s and G250Vs? The knob can be an indicator, the new knob is more tapered general with a chrome ring. If you remove the +- sticker then it is obvious as the new one has a Philips head screw.

The G250 and 156 do not use adjustable balance chambers.

we are having a language problem here where tools are getting mixed up.

In-line Adjuster (used to set orifice/lever height):

upload_2016-3-26_12-36-58.png

Balance Chamber Adjustment tool (specific to certain SP regulators):
upload_2016-3-26_12-38-56.png

Notice that they attach to opposite sides of the regulator, and are used for different tuning. The 156 and G250v do not need the second one, but a G250HP does....

Wayward:

To set the lever height on the G250, G250Graphite, G250v, 109, 156, G200, G200B, etc. (anything with an adjustable orifice on the hose side of the regulator) the inline adjusting tool is a useful item.

I do have an inline tool that I got about 10 years ago. I have never had a need to used it.

fine. to the "nice to have list" it goes...
I admit I started without one then bought a cheaper one. Hard to use so then bit the bullet and got the one from ScubaTools. Simple to use and makes adjustments fast and so much easier

Last edited:
I'll likley get one soon, as I have 4 2nds to use it on & will likely have more as I'm considering replacing some of the other stages later with more 109's.

Back
Top Bottom