Is Antares dryglove system only option for Aqualung Fusion Drysauit SLT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I recently purchased an Aqualung Fusion Bullet with SLT seal system which allows you to replace the seals on the dive sight which is very nice. I am coming from a Bare Trilam HD which was ill fitting but worked. That suit had the Sitech round dry glove system which worked excellent for me. unfortunately it is round and not oval so will not work with the Fusion. I have heard the Antares system is less than desirable. Most complaints appear to be the tabs are a weak spot so you need to make sure to not break them and getting the glove off is not very easy (although videos seem to show it is not too bad). Is there another option I can purchase which does not involve me sending the suit to have them installed? I really want to keep the SLT system as I like that. Id rather purchase the Antares system and take my chances than send the suit out to have something else fitted which replaces the SLT. Thanks!

If the diameter of the suit wrist opening is the correct size, the round suit-side rings should fit. I used to use the Antares "system" press-fit into DUI suit-side rings 'til I got sick of breaking Antares tabs and settled on diy zip seals. The only thing I can't do well in zip seals is smoothing out the neck seal so gloves go on last, after neck seal.

Last edited:
If the diameter of the suit wrist opening is the correct size, the round suit-side rings should fit.
yeah but doesn't that involve taking the current SLT ones out and gluing in new ones? The suit is a 2016 suit and is a 2xl/3xl so id hope the openings are large enough. I am not skilled to do this and do not really want to spend the extra money to have it done.

I don't think anything will fit the SS Antares ring, but will experiment out of boredom.

OK, found a Si-tec non-Antares hard oval ring with glove inserted in flexible SS ring that I used to used to press-fit into SS zip-rings. Sooo, it looks like you just need to find oval non-Antares oval hard rings.

If you can get to my SB gallery, there are some pictures with/without seals.

If you're in Manhattan, take the suit with you to LP.

BREOSR.jpg

Limited Quantity Available – Buy Now
bare.png

Bare Antares Oval Stiff Ring - 1 Only

SKU: BREOSR MFR: THD041BLK-EA
Be the first to review this item
ASK a Question
Your Price
$20.95
Add to wish list Sale alert
In Stock & Ready to Ship
Free Shipping
See all shipping options

If you're in Manhattan, take the suit with you to LP.

View attachment 421861
Limited Quantity Available – Buy Now
View attachment 421862
Bare Antares Oval Stiff Ring - 1 Only

SKU: BREOSR MFR: THD041BLK-EA
Be the first to review this item
ASK a Question
Your Price
$20.95
Add to wish list Sale alert
In Stock & Ready to Ship
Free Shipping
See all shipping options
I am not in downstate NY. I am really confused by what you are posting above? can you try to explain in laymans terms?

Back
Top Bottom