Is Calling Someone an Ahole and a Jerk Against Tos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photohikedive:
is calling someone who trolls, a troll, against ToS?

In a word, yes. The term "troll" has come to be regarded as an insult in this internet day & age because of its usage. As such, it falls under this (& probability other) portion of the ToS

Harassment, threats and personal insults: Posts that contain direct or indirect threats of a physical or non-physical nature along with posts that contain personal attacks or insults are not allowed.

While we will always do our best to look at posts in context (I.e. an obvious joking exchange between friends), posts that obviously insult other members are not allowed- even if the members being insulted do not participate in the threads.

<sigh> Might be a great idea for y'all to actually READ the ToS & realized that trolling within the strict letter of the ToS is also subject to moderation. IOW, we often recognize when members are baiting & trolling other members even if it is not in violation of the strict letter of the law defined by the ToS (please notice all the links) & we are going to do our darnedest to help our members to understand the Scubaboard was established as a safe haven to discuss SCUBA. It has evolved into a world-wide community & we rejoice in that evolution but that does not change the foundation on which SB was founded.

wow, can you post that again?

I did not catch the message the first two times :p

mdb:
Andy, i was out of line when i called you an ahole and a jerk, and I broke TOS. i am very sorry. I was out of line. Took me a while to realize that i just can't go around the board calling people names, no matter what product I represent or how much I sponsor the Board. I guess I didn't realize I'm just another member after all.

:D

H2Andy:
You made that whole thing up. I never said any such thing. Using my name seems to be a very sad move on your part.
Do not use my name, at least have the courage to talk on your own.

mdb:
Is not that what you always say Andy? Facts were you were being very sarcastic and aggresive against a SB member who was, obviously, trying his best to be of help to people in need. You kept baiting him etc. You can deny it, but you did. It was not normal for you. You are sarcastic etc, but, you do not, usually, keep baiting someone. I took offense-the old marine in me-I called you on it-I was not very TOS. that is not your normal MO. Of course you deleted my questions and just posted the other stuff. I have no problem with you Andy. Just be straight up.
I don't know anything about the incedent, nor do I want to. I do want to offer this suggestion...

On SB, in discussions open to all and often involving multiple members, unlike in private chats or private messages, when the need to called you on it" feels eminent - just don't.

Use tact, diplomacy, and 100 times more words to call the guy a jerk without getting caught at it; or

Better yet - just click the Report button. It's not tattle-telling, it's not a cowards way - it is actually supporting SB in a needed way. Then a third part Mod can deal with it, often more effectively as the other party is not going to be as defensive and close-minded.

Just a suggestion... Semper Fi :usa:

PS: Hehe at the airport recently, a lady noticed I'd used red & yellow ribbons on our luggage to differentiate from those with just one color ribbons and said "Hey, my son is a Marine, too...!"

mdb:
You made that whole thing up. I never said any such thing.

no??????????

:rofl3:

DandyDon:
I don't know anything about the incedent, nor do I want to. I do want to offer this suggestion...

On SB, in discussions open to all and often involving multiple members, unlike in private chats or private messages, when the need to called you on it" feels eminent - just don't.

Use tact, diplomacy, and 100 times more words to call the guy a jerk without getting caught at it; or

Better yet - just click the Report button. It's not tattle-telling, it's not a cowards way - it is actually supporting SB in a needed way. Then a third part Mod can deal with it, often more effectively as the other party is not going to be as defensive and close-minded.

Just a suggestion... Semper Fi :usa:

PS: Hehe at the airport recently, a lady noticed I'd used red & yellow ribbons on our luggage to differentiate from those with just one color ribbons and said "Hey, my son is a Marine, too...!"

Thanks, I will take a break for awhile, heading to Japan for some work and diving.

well, we're all here to have fun

no point on being here if you're not having fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom