Is it DCS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too much visibility limiting silt for me.

The diver who started this thread by his asking the question certainly wasn't in denial. Nor, as far as I can see was anyone who posted. But the limited visibility is causing us to wander far from the mooring line so I'm giving an up thumb.

If it wasn't denial that it really might be DCI,

Why did you wait to get checked out for the amount of time you did?

If you had it to do again,

How long would you wait?

Here I sit a month later. Was it denial. . .Hell yes! Would I do it different next time. . . Hell, yes! Symptoms are totally abated at this time. I would still say that I am 10% off my pre-hit upper body muscle strength. I am a victim of diving so much that I took it for granted.
In the future I will: Dive Nitrox on air tables, drink much more water, not work out the day before a dive, not dive to computer limits, not deny obvious DCI symptoms. I hope none of you out there goes through what I did but I also hope that you might learn something from my experience.

By the way there is a thread in Cozumel entitled "Bent in Cozumel" with the full trip report and discussion.

tim great to hear from you again. good to hear you are doing so well

Tim Ingersoll:
Here I sit a month later. Was it denial. . .Hell yes! Would I do it different next time. . . Hell, yes! Symptoms are totally abated at this time. I would still say that I am 10% off my pre-hit upper body muscle strength. I am a victim of diving so much that I took it for granted.
In the future I will: Dive Nitrox on air tables, drink much more water, not work out the day before a dive, not dive to computer limits, not deny obvious DCI symptoms. I hope none of you out there goes through what I did but I also hope that you might learn something from my experience.

By the way there is a thread in Cozumel entitled "Bent in Cozumel" with the full trip report and discussion.

Tim,

Thanks again for your honest insight and candor.
We made sure we were very well hydrated before, during and after our dives during our resent week in Cozumel.

Thanks to your report we took nitrox Certification Training while diving in Cozumel with Christi at Blue XT Sea. We now dive EAN on Air tables and Computers for added safety.

It has made us much more aware of DCI and how: yes it could happen to "me"!

Thanks,
Two AZ Divers.

Hey Tim! :D

Glad you're better and doing well. Good luck...! :dazzler1:

don

Tim Ingersoll:

Sorry you took the hit. But thank you for passing on what happened, and maybe saving someone else from getting bent as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom