Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since the virus is new, it also makes all *treatments* experimental as well. No one knows what the long-term effects are for the treatments. Why are some people pushing experimental treatment drugs? Hidden agenda? Advocating for the pharmaceutical companies making the treatment drugs?

Is it feasible to travel safely? Yes, but it's a hassle, so the enjoyment factor is gone. Holidays aren't meant for adding more stress.

Is it feasible to travel safely? Yes, but it's a hassle, so the enjoyment factor is gone. Holidays aren't meant for adding more stress.
My wife and I just got back from a trip to Aruba a few weeks ago.

Other than wearing a mask in the airport and on the plane, it was pretty normal travel and not a hassle at all. The pre-travel test was quick and easy as was the return test.

For us, getting away to a tropical destination for 10 days and getting in some nice dives, relaxation and some great scenic dining was totally worth the slight annoyance of the mask - the testing was a complete non-issue.

To each there own - but, as we were both vaccinated and everyone on the plane had to have a negative COVID test, we found it safe enough to feel comfortable traveling!

You conveniently ignore the false paper written and published saying HCQ wasn't effective as well as the front line doctors actively being silenced by the MSM and social media.
There are two types of people in the world: one who follows medical advice from someone named “HKGuns” and one who follows the medical advice from a renowned medical doctor from a world-class institution. Luckily, Darwinism is slowly but surely shrinking the first sample.

It’s not only the idiocy, it’s the shear hubris that drives me insane.

I did a Maldives lob on May, I was not vaccinated (not in the priority group) then. We had 13 people on board of which 3 ppl were vaccinated. We were told that the boat was already in 2 weeks of quarantine prior our departure due earlier positive case.
After 12 days, we got a health technician lady doing a pcr test before our flight for which we have paid 100€ each and we all tested negative.
After I got home, I was informed that 2 people got pcr positive prior returning home. 1 of them was my dive buddy and not only we dove the whole time together, during return he sat right in front of me 2 feet separating our heads.
I was told that lob operator had changed the pcr test provider prior our trip. I have a funny feeling about how reliable those tests we did were. At the end, if one tests positive, everyone loses.

My second report is a direct experience of a person close to me. End of May this year, group of divers traveling to Mexico for lob to Socorro. 2 days into the trip, female cook disappears. They are told that the person has migraines. At the end of the trip, couple of divers develop symptoms. Group does antigen tests and found most of them are infected. To be sure they do pcr tests and number of the positive testing divers increase even further.

I do not know how to conclude this post but I guess we just take our chances and roll the dice every time we travel.

I am not nor ever will be on social media

Um, technically, aren't forums like this also social media?

As to the thread's original topic: I have lost track of what "responsibly" means anymore. On one extreme, you have people who want the lockdown still to be in effect, saying "just stay home!!!!" (Did I put enough exclamation points?) These would consider travelling while following all recommended precautions irresponsible, because it isn't just staying home. And for each level of precaution, you will find people who think it is enough, and people who think it is not. This does not seem to be a topic that can be discussed rationally anymore.

Um, technically, aren't forums like this also social media?
Technically, yes… I should have clarified my intent as meaning the worthless (IMO) platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc.,

Back
Top Bottom