Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you’re scared of missing a flight, which is the topic this thread has drifted towards. Then don’t travel, or accept the fact you might be there another week.

I'd call that risk tolerance and that really depends on your personal situation (work and family commitments and flexibility). For example, It would not be a big deal for me to get stuck for a bit in a destination as I could easily work remotely - however, my wife could not as her job does not allow much remote work at present. That is different than what I interpreted as the original question on responsibility - I took that to mean ability to travel without spreading the virus and possibly making the pandemic situation worse.
LOL. So you too take issue with the OP on her goals for the thread. I guess you'd probably also like to tell me what colors I like and what I like to eat. Amazing.

At 80 pages, I think the thread has added related considerations to the original question besides the situation has morphed since the original post.

Those outcomes are obvious but the choice is not that simple because this is something you enjoy so u want to go but the penalty is relatively steep i.e pay thousands to not get your trip plus stuck in a hotel for indeterminate time. I'm considering a similar bet. My bet is that I can go to the destination but can I get back into the USA

LOL. So you too take issue with the OP on her goals for the thread. I guess you'd probably also like to tell me what colors I like and what I like to eat. Amazing.
What’s amazing is your typical condescending attitude on these boards.
Please don’t put words in my mouth - I did not take issue with the OP at all: I merely explained my take/interpretation on what was meant wrt to “traveling responsibly” and provided an opinion on the other definition of responsibility that @drrich2 posted.

I’m sorry that a civil discussion on opinions and interpretations of what it means to travel responsibly is too much for you to handle - but not surprised.

What’s amazing is your typical condescending attitude on these boards.
Please don’t put words in my mouth - I did not take issue with the OP at all: I merely explained my take/interpretation on what was meant wrt to “traveling responsibly” and provided an opinion on the other definition of responsibility that @drrich2 posted.

I’m sorry that a civil discussion on opinions and interpretations of what it means to travel responsibly is too much for you to handle - but not surprised.
No problem. I got it. You want to interpret her original post differently than she want to.
I'm just surprised, not condescending. I think my attempts at humor are lost on you.
Dive on.

No problem. I got it. You want to interpret her original post differently than she want to.
I'm just surprised, not condescending. I think my attempts at humor are lost on you.
Dive on.
Yup - your humor, if that’s what you want to portray your response as, is is totally lost on me (and I suspect others) - I saw nothing even remotely humerous in your response to my post.

And…btw, who are you to tell me how the Op wanted me to interpret the original post? Pretty presumptive for you to speak for the Op, isn’t it?

In addition, the original post title, “Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?”, and content (below) were rather non-specific and did not define responsible or safe(r) travel at all:

There have been so many threads and deleted posts about covid and travel that I thought I would start a thread devoted to safe(er) travel. And yes, I have a Florida trip and 2 Liveaboards planned so far for this year.

So how, exactly did I interpret the original post differently than the Op wanted me to?

Actually - never mind, as I really couldn’t care less about what you think you know about the Ops intent…

Yup - your humor, if that’s what you want to portray your response as, is is totally lost on me (and I suspect others) - I saw nothing even remotely humerous in your response to my post.

And…btw, who are you to tell me how the Op wanted me to interpret the original post? Pretty presumptive for you to speak for the Op, isn’t it?

In addition, the original post title, “Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?”, and content (below) were rather non-specific and did not define responsible or safe(r) travel at all:

So how, exactly did I interpret the original post differently than the Op wanted me to?

Actually - never mind, as I really couldn’t care less about what you think you know about the Ops intent…
Did you miss this post?
OP here and that post is entirely on topic since threads, just like pandemics, evolve and I welcome all discussion on travel and covid concerns.

Did you miss this post?

OP here and that post is entirely on topic since threads, just like pandemics, evolve and I welcome all discussion on travel and covid concerns.

I don't understand why you're trying to argue with @Joneill. His point was completely reasonable, and in no way disagreed with what @uncfnp was interested in discussing in this thread. Seems like you just felt like picking a fight.

I don't understand why you're trying to argue with @Joneill. His point was completely reasonable, and in no way disagreed with what @uncfnp was interested in discussing in this thread. Seems like you just felt like picking a fight.
Sorry you feel that way. It is not my intention to pick a fight with anyone. The OP started an intriguing thread over 800 posts ago, and it has evolved even as the pandemic it was about has evolved. The OP says she is fine with that. But someone came along and said a post was off topic. A couple of folks agreed. Perhaps they don't care what the OP thinks of the thread.
And now YOU are picking a fight, right?

Those outcomes are obvious but the choice is not that simple because this is something you enjoy so u want to go but the penalty is relatively steep i.e pay thousands to not get your trip plus stuck in a hotel for indeterminate time.
If you get insurance the financial side shouldn't be steep at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom