Is it true Deep 6 will sell consumers parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skinsfan0260

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there any truth to what I have read that Deep 6 will be offering customers an opportunity to properly train on servicing and overhauling deep six regulators as well as sell them kits. If so I have four very expensive regulators going up for sale soon and I will be diving Orange instead. The idea that we the consumer can invest in real manufacturer endorsed training and take more control over our equipment is a true game changer. My LDS tells me that I must put my life in his hands all while he puts his hands in my wallet charging $300.00 per year to service. Equipment manufacturers have worked to aid LDS in dominating access to products and services and by this helping them to exploit consumers.

Yes they will, and I think already are.

The service kits are included with your purchase already. They are still shaking down the operation but they will definitely be offering service courses in the near future. Having spoken to @cerich about this, the 2 year service interval and the fact that the first service is free (send in to them with your service kit, they service it with that kit and send back to you with a new one) means that there is not a huge time pressure for them to get the courses rolled out.

There are a lot of awesome things they are planning on rolling out but they are taking it slow (slow is smooth, smooth is fast) in order not to over-promise and under-deliver.

To give you an idea, since I am really far from the factory, we have worked out a plan whereby I am going to do a generic reg servicing course here locally and then they will set up a Skype session or 20 (Im slow ok) to go through the Deep6 specific techniques and procedures.

They are also planning to sell a specific tool kit for those who will be servicing themselves. I imagine it will come in an orange case ... :D

just to echo, yes it is true, though the first service is FoC if you send it back to them. They haven't released the program/manuals yet because there is at least another year before the first regs hit their intended service interval.

This is similar to what he started with HOG and what Poseidon started doing last year. The obvious and real only downside to the D6 plan is that the odds of finding an LDS that will service for you is pretty small so you will either have to ship the reg back to them to service, or DIY. Not an issue for most people, but it may be for others

I know that my side of the pond is different, but my LDS here is happy to service them for me. I supply the parts and they charge labour, once I have the service manual from Deep6 (the one that will be included on a USB in the future).

Until I have my ducks in a row with self-servicing, that will be my fallback option.

Will you people PLEASE stop using D6 and use Deep6. I am getting tired of getting inquires on a company that I am not involved with.

I have had "D6" tattooed on my hands for longer than a lot of you have been diving, since is it is my initials and my name. Don Six = D6

OK, rant over.

Yes they will, and I think already are.
no need to sell parts yet.. still every reg out is covered under warranty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom