Is leisurepro.com the best place to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DYLAN04

Registered
Reaction score
Atomic regs are cheap on leisurepro is that a good place to buy them or not. This site beats my local dive shops buy hundreds. :07:

I'm not really against ordering from Leisure Pro or any other Internet based dealer...especially if it's "MY" money we're talking about spending. On the other hand, I think we should support our LDS. One thing you might consider doing is asking them if they will match prices...or come close to the price your're looking at. From my experience buying all my gear, the LDS cut me some good deals...I just had to talk to them. The more I bought from them...the better the deals got. I've received great customer support, and they always go out of their way to help me out. Good luck.

DYLAN04:
Atomic regs are cheap on leisurepro is that a good place to buy them or not. This site beats my local dive shops buy hundreds. :07:

I've bought a reg set and many other items at LP and have been quite satisfied...

I've also bought Apeks regs elsewhere online and have liked them as well...

Finally, I've bought much at my local LDS, and appreciate those purchases...But, I've only bought at the LDS what they could serve me well by selling to me. They don't carry or service Apeks regs, so that wasn't an option...But they are a dealer for the drysuit I bought, and I was happy to pay for them to be responsible that it fit (it was a custom job...). If I'm only buying one item (a reg set is one item) neither of my LDS's will cut a deal very often, and then again only after much pain on both sides. So, I often shop around quite a bit first...

I do not at all feel like I've ever paid too much for anything...The LDS is a business, and needs to make money...So, if you like them and are satisfied with the price, go there. If not, go elsewhere...

From the Leisurepro website:

Warranty Information
We are not authorized dealers of some Manufacturers, and some of the products may not be accompanied by the manufactures Warranty valid in the United States and/or with an english manual, However we provide in such instances our own Warranty, which offers equal or greater protection, For a Copy of our Warranty Card, Click here

There are alot of fake, or cheap imitations of the original regs. Whos to say when they travel the world and pick up some of these "great price" regs in singapore or whatever that they are fake, How can you prove otherwise? They can copy SN#'s . Ill stick with LDS or other online dealer like scubatoys.com. Besides scubatoys.com is a LDS in dallas, TX. They have a store front and have the manufactures Warranty. They also will match leisure pro's price.

Just remember if the local dive shop closes it's doors because they can't compete with internet places, that may or may not have warrantys then are those internet shops going to fill your tanks for you?

Take a look on ebay for "new" atomic regs. If you don't see what you want ask the seller what's available. I have bought 2 Z1's there for $250 (MSRP is $380) each and they were both factory new and have full Atomic warranty. I just picked up a NEW Henderson 3mm Hyperstretch jumpsuit on ebay for $155. also with warranty.

LP can't beat those prices. There obviously is a TON of markup in this stuff!

Frank

Some people try to get you to feel sorry for the LDS by buynig from them. I think that the the prices online are very good and cannot be matched by the LDS. I think that you should buy from them anyhow because if you have any problems with the reg I know that I charge people in this situation. Whereas if they bought it at the store it is obviously a free courtesy. Another thing is that all these online places say that they are authorized dealers. This is BS. Iknow a handfull of manufacturers that have it posted on their site that internet sales are not supported and will not be warranteed. Aqualung/Apeks is a good example.
I can't figure out why people say they 'like' the gear they bought online. It is not any different than the stuff in the store. I think that the LDs is a good way to go as you are creating a bond and you will gett better prices and better service.

I have bought from LP on three occasions. Each time there was a problem. I have been waiting for six weeks to get a new/defective beacon light replaced. Many have had better luck. Also, as mentioned, there is the warranty issue. This may or may not be an issue for you, but there are other places that will sell for LP prices that do have a warranty. (example htttp://www.scubatoys.com)

I am done with LP.

Yes, and many others...........oneday the LDS will change their business model, daylight robbery going on here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom