Is leisurepro.com the best place to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased my regulator, BCD and computer all from Leisurepro 4 years ago. I have been thrilled and had absolutely no problems. My LDS has completed all annual servicing with no problems. In addition to previous equipment, I have purchased save-a-dive kits, safety sausage, rash guards and equipment hangars as well. Again, no problems with service or quality. I would love to shop locally, but can't afford the prices.

TrainerAW:
I purchased my regulator, BCD and computer all from Leisurepro 4 years ago. I have been thrilled and had absolutely no problems. My LDS has completed all annual servicing with no problems. In addition to previous equipment, I have purchased save-a-dive kits, safety sausage, rash guards and equipment hangars as well. Again, no problems with service or quality. I would love to shop locally, but can't afford the prices.

I have the same experience, but I have to send my Suunto back one of these days, will see how they handle that. At the same time though, I can understand why some people would hate the online shops, especially if they just paid $700.00 for a $300.00 regulator..........

Al Mialkovsky:
Just remember if the local dive shop closes it's doors because they can't compete with internet places, that may or may not have warrantys then are those internet shops going to fill your tanks for you?

The whole who's going to fill your tanks arguement is ludicrous. Simple economics dictate that if there is a need for a product or service then someone will step in and fill that need. Granted it may not be a traditional LDS but someone will fill your tanks and make money while doing so.

Al Mialkovsky:
Just remember if the local dive shop closes it's doors because they can't compete with internet places, that may or may not have warranty's then are those internet shops going to fill your tanks for you?

1, With what I've saved over the years at LP I could buy a
compressor. My LDS is a nice shop but the markup is
hundreds of $ over LP for regs and BC's.

2, I've bought thousand of $ worth of stuff from LP over the
last 5 years and never had any problems with exchanges
or warranty work or anything. They are a class mail order
outfit right up there with LL bean, Lands end, etc...

rescuediver009:
I think that the LDs is a good way to go as you are creating a bond and you will gett better prices and better service.

Not in my case.... a couple of years ago I wanted to upgrade my BC to Zeagle Ranger LTD. My LDS is a Zeagle dealer and had the BC for $725.00. LP had it for $465.00.....

I printed out the page from LP, brought it in and offered my LDS the opportunity to sell it to me from his stock for $50.00 over the printed LP price... he refused so bought it at LP.

last week I bought a new 2004 Zeagle flathead VI / ZX reg for $440.00 at LP.... My LDS was trying to sell me a French made pre-2000 apeks/zeagle flathead for over $500.00 saying it was just as good????

If LDS's go out of business it will be because they drove themselves out of business.

ThatsMe:
Ill stick with LDS or other online dealer like scubatoys.com. Besides scubatoys.com is a LDS in dallas, TX. They have a store front and have the manufactures Warranty. They also will match leisure pro's price.

LP is a LDS in Manhattan, I've been in their store... it's really a nice walk in retail store... They just do most of their business over the internet. :banghead:

Sean326:
Not in my case.... a couple of years ago I wanted to upgrade my BC to Zeagle Ranger LTD. My LDS is a Zeagle dealer and had the BC for $725.00. LP had it for $465.00.....

If LDS's go out of business it will be because they drove themselves out of business.
I also mentioned that they have to stay competitive. I know that s a rip-off because you can buy the LTD here in Canada for about $800 CDN and that is at an LDS! whatever that works out to in US funds. Some places are just trying to make too much money.

How do you make a million dollars with a dive shop?
Start with 2

My dive buddy and i go to our LDS for most items only because it is easier to walk into our LDS and say my reg is screwed help, than to call LP mail it to them wait have them send it back, you get the idea. Now i am not saying i don't shop LP because i do i have bought alot of the little stuff ie hangers, slates, lift bags.

It also helps that we have bought basically all new gear in the last 6 months from the same shop. . .

John

rescuediver009:
I also mentioned that they have to stay competitive. I know that s a rip-off because you can buy the LTD here in Canada for about $800 CDN and that is at an LDS! whatever that works out to in US funds. Some places are just trying to make too much money.

Folks also sometimes forget that LP is an LDS. They just also happen to have an infamous internet presence...

:banana:

outlawaggie:
The whole who's going to fill your tanks arguement is ludicrous. Simple economics dictate that if there is a need for a product or service then someone will step in and fill that need. Granted it may not be a traditional LDS but someone will fill your tanks and make money while doing so.

Bingo...I live in a small town without a dive shop. However, the fire dept. I work for also fills tanks, and they do it for free. If there was a business in town that would provide this service, the dept. would either not fill for the public OR charge whatever the going rate was. Since there isn't, we provide the service for the taxpayers. Of course, all rules still apply as far as c-card, vip, and hydro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom