Is liquidvision out of business? Looking at the Lynx, but apprehensive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I certainly agree. We are always (usually) aware of where each other are and we do check each others air often. We are usually the first down and last up and since our SAC is fairly decent we're usually forced up before we are low on air. It's just an option she really wants. We've done about 100 dives total and are fairly competent divers IMO. Part of the issue she has is that when we dive I like to hang back and look at things in cracks/crevices, etc. In doing so she is trying to keep track of me and also our group who usually is just booking along. On a good vis dive this isn't an issue but during poor vis dive we may get separated and have to eventually come up to find the boat.

Dave

Last edited:
Both of these features are rendered pointless by adhering to some fundamental skills you presumably learned in your OW I class.

Are you married? And if yes, the followup question: which part of "SWMBO wants"... :rofl3:

Seriously, though, it's a non-argument. I have enough swimming skills to dive without an air cell, nevertheless I don't do that. I know how to use tables yet I dive with a computer. I have a fair idea of my gas use, at least in warm water, but if/when I get to upgrade my DC I'm buying WAI. Pointless or not, I want.

Are you married? And if yes, the followup question: which part of "SWMBO wants"... :rofl3:

Good point! What was I thinking!

My point though was only that if there are concerns about LVs customer service and even their future, there are many options out there, as long as you're willing to pass on those two features. But you aren't, so it's a non-issue. Carry on~ :)

I would be more wary of the constant chirping: some people hear well into ultrasound and until you get to listen to a liquivision transmitter in the water you won't necessarily know if you're going to hear it. Right behind your ear, whole dive, every dive. It'd probably get mostly masked by the sound of breathing but still...

nah, I just searched lynx and do not find much here other than DC's for sale.

Check out these computers:
Aqwary

They are pretty interesting and still very much in business

I have seen it on demo days. It's god damn big and quality of production is a mess.

Bugger. Sad when that happens. Great idea but needs the tech to catch up I guess. Thanks for the heads-up!

I like air integration but liquivision's algorithm does not take into account gas needed for ascent, so it's a non starter for me. As for monitoring your buddy's air, that requires but both of you have Liquivision computer and non of my buddies has one.

Back
Top Bottom