Is Scubapro Feeling A Pinch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I drilled out the ambient holes on two of my MK5’s to make them easier to rinse since I will never pack them with silicone.
One other MK5 is a generation behind the tiny hole style and has big holes, and two other MK5’s I have not touched yet.

That did not bust the chrome plating when the drill broke out? I have a nice X but it has the tiny ambinet holes making rinsing a PITA. I carry a Salt Off solution with me on trips to do rinses in the sink. Turns out ScubaClub sinks do not have an overflow drain. So I had a waterfall down the stairs nearly. I blamed it on my wife to the kind fellow who cleaned up the mess and we tipped him nicely for his efforts above and beyond. I just have difficulty dunking my regulators in the communal rinse tank. Not germs per say but the water has salt in it by the time all the wetsuits go through it and the BCs. I think next time to convert one of the room trash cans to a rinse bucket rather than another Niagara Falls event!

That did not bust the chrome plating when the drill broke out? I have a nice X but it has the tiny ambinet holes making rinsing a PITA. I carry a Salt Off solution with me on trips to do rinses in the sink. Turns out ScubaClub sinks do not have an overflow drain. So I had a waterfall down the stairs nearly. I blamed it on my wife to the kind fellow who cleaned up the mess and we tipped him nicely for his efforts above and beyond. I just have difficulty dunking my regulators in the communal rinse tank. Not germs per say but the water has salt in it by the time all the wetsuits go through it and the BCs. I think next time to convert one of the room trash cans to a rinse bucket rather than another Niagara Falls event!
No, no chrome flakes around the holes. I use a high quality drill bit that is new and take my time.
I also have a sharp new counter sink bit that helps relieve the edge a little. The inside is what needs to be cleaned up well of sharp edges from drilling.
That Tekna looks exactly like my second gen MK 5.
It too has large ambient holes and no end port, only 4 side ports on the turret. I ended up giving a friend and his son that reg plus another MK5 I had both with 109’s so they could go diving again after losing everything in one of our numerous wildfires.

You are so dissappointing, how can you look yourself in the mirror:eek:!

:cuddles:

You know, I lay awake most of the night thinking about the Core with the C370, now I'm thinking I can't live with that so might have to sell the Core Supreme to help fund a MK17. Thanks James🤦‍♂️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom