Is the air on this 12v hookah system safe to breath?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't dive with that thing for money. I'd want at least double the SCFM for the air greediest diver I know before I'd consider a hookah - which is what a tank will give me consistently all the time.

The least of your worries here is contaminants. A proper scuba regulator system (including the ones used in SNUBA) will deliver air at approximately the same pressure as the surrounding sea water. This device has no regulator on it whatsoever. It is likely to collapse or over-expand your lungs. In both cases you end up dead.

Bottom line, for $1,500 you can get all the scuba you need. you can get a bunch of tanks so you don't have to drive to the shop every day. and they will be easier to transport to the dive site. Car batteries are heavy and if you have a enough of them to run a compressor adequately, you will have to start thinking about little problems like getting enough draw on your house hold current to charge them in a timely manner. When your wife sees what happened to the electric bill she will also have something to say. And don't forget about the shock/ fire hazard created by trying to set up a bank of batteries for a day of diving. If you are planning on using it in a river, you will do better with a SCUBA rig. Surface supplied air in a current that might have things like trees and other debris is just an entanglement waiting to happen. a slack hose getting caught under a branch will prevent you from getting to the surface. then you have to evaluate how to untangle it and get topside safely in a bad situation... possibly without your reg. all this sound like you just want to save yourself driving to get air fills. Not worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom