Is the Aqualung i450T a good option in 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the Original OP stated "I am strictly a recreational diver, looking at Wisconsin single tank lakes, quarry, or Lake Michigan wreck dives to around 135 feet" Generally (not always) to me, this means no Penetration, as Pen is considered Technical diving. Your logic for your example is IMO outdated. The below transmitter is about a decade old. Here is a nice picture of how to run your transmitter, no accidental bumping. I know others that use a long hose and clip to their gear. Point being, there are lots of options available.

I have meet more people with Shearwater Dive Computers that have failed, then transmitters. Regardless No Mechanical or Electronic device are infallible.

View attachment 585381
Exactly.

Not every diver needs, or wants, a Shearwater dive computer ...

Not every diver needs, or wants, a Shearwater dive computer ...

You may have missed this one..........or the next.

Firstly, I am a "FIRM" believer that divers should use equipment that they prefer, and what is comfortable for them.

My first advice is to plan for the future, and buy gear that is modular, and be used for different applications down the line...(Pun intended.)
Including....your computer.

His advice to me........Shearwater Perdix.

I had a Uwatec wrist mount with A.I. that I dove with for about 5 years. It was great computer, and never failed, and never got hit by shrapnel.

A majority of S.C.U.B.A. gear for the most part, is purchased by Name brand, and "Color."

At no time did i say " Buy a Shearwater!!!!! You have to have one, only cool divers wear Shearwater, Etc.
Regardless, of the Make, or Model. A transmitter adds a "Failure Point." more so, than a "Stand Alone." computer.
My post was more extrapolation.....than anything.
Cheers.

Try and surround yourself with positive experienced divers that will talk with you, and help you....Not divers who will judge you, and/or talk down to you.
I think, I'm adding this to my signature.

You may have missed this one..........or the next.

Firstly, I am a "FIRM" believer that divers should use equipment that they prefer, and what is comfortable for them.

My first advice is to plan for the future, and buy gear that is modular, and be used for different applications down the line...(Pun intended.)
Including....your computer.

His advice to me........Shearwater Perdix.

I had a Uwatec wrist mount with A.I. that I dove with for about 5 years. It was great computer, and never failed, and never got hit by shrapnel.

A majority of S.C.U.B.A. gear for the most part, is purchased by Name brand, and "Color."

At no time did i say " Buy a Shearwater!!!!! You have to have one, only cool divers wear Shearwater, Etc.
Regardless, of the Make, or Model. A transmitter adds a "Failure Point." more so, than a "Stand Alone." computer.
My post was more extrapolation.....than anything.
Cheers.

Try and surround yourself with positive experienced divers that will talk with you, and help you....Not divers who will judge you, and/or talk down to you.
I think, I'm adding this to my signature.

May I suggest a trip to the optician to get a better prescription for your reading glasses?

May I suggest a trip to the optician to get a better prescription for your reading glasses?

Won't help: no life support equipment between the ears.

Back
Top Bottom