Is the G15 more camera then what I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gotta agree with Interceptor121 and ivakdiver...G15 will work fine for you but if you want more lens options down the road, the S series is the way to go. S100 saves you some $$$ but the S110 will do the same thing (for more $$$ :wink:)

I have put a lot of thought into what everyone has said and have one last question (I think...)

If I get the S100 and the Fisheye FIX housing, should I worry at all that because this is last year's model, I will have trouble finding wet lenses i a few years from now? Or are they generally backward-compatible. I would like to get a wide angle wet lens eventually, but if I get the camera and this relatively expensive housing, I don't have the budget for it right now.

Thanks!

A bit off the subject but if it's any consolation, I've been using the S95 on both Ikelite and Patima housing and use different macro and wide angle lens utilizing the built in 67mm thread of both ports. I can do this for a good number of years more without upgrading my camera at all.

No. Don't get confused between wet lenses that go on the outside of a housing and interchangeable lenses for a camera body.... they are two completely different things.

Many of us have been using the same wet lenses for years.... and there are adaptors to fit the lenses onto different housings as well.... so as we can keep moving the wet lenses to different housings.

I have put a lot of thought into what everyone has said and have one last question (I think...)

If I get the S100 and the Fisheye FIX housing, should I worry at all that because this is last year's model, I will have trouble finding wet lenses i a few years from now? Or are they generally backward-compatible. I would like to get a wide angle wet lens eventually, but if I get the camera and this relatively expensive housing, I don't have the budget for it right now.

Thanks!

The FIX housings are really nice with full control of your camera. You will feel a little easier about putting your camera in a metal case than the canon plastic one although I dived with my old G7 in a canon case for a long time with no troubles but eventually the buttons springs start to wear out. Can anyone comment on whether the camera flash works well with the FIX case?

Yet another question... any issues with battery life on the S100? I saw that it is rated for 200 shots. Is that a real 200 shots?

Thanks!

No the fix housing has an M52 thread mount that is compatible with their own wide angle
Fix are also one of the most active companies producing adapters so if you were not happy with their fisheye lens you can buy adapters for Inon 28AD and LD mounts. Plus you can use step up rings for M67 lenses.

If you have money to spend the S100+fix housing will give you satisfaction for years to come

Back
Top Bottom