Is the Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G right for me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtpwils

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I thought that this will handle my needs because I want something that will handle nitrox and although it will be a while till I can handle the NJ diving depths, I figured the Tec 2g will also be good for that since it has Oxygen partial pressures, gauge mode and decompression diving.

The other things I wanted were backlit and capable of bungee mounting and a pc interface. I do not want wireless air integration. Also, it's my understanding that this uses a conservative model which is fine for me because I wan't born yesterday.

Comments pro or con are appreciated.

Jim

I just got two of the Tec 2G wrist mounted computers (for my wife and I) and I like it very much. I currently don't need many of the features on it, but I wanted a computer that would grow with me. So far, so good. The software that comes with it is nice and shows a great profile of the dive, but it does not run very well under Linux (Windows only, unfortunately). I can't say too much about it as I have only owned it a couple months, but it looks solid so far.

Have been using the Tec 2G for 2 years now. Used for nitrox, in gauge mode for deeper tech profiles and also used the gas switch mode. It comes out everyday when I am teaching as well and is brilliant. I love it, its a great computer, easy to read and understand, easy to program and access for log information. Its a great computer to grow with and it fulfils all needs, is user changeable battery and for evrything you get personally I think its a good price. Have fun with it!

It is a very good choice. I love the DSS bungie mounts for it.

A DSS mount is the plan - I should have mentioned that as a requirement too.

See plenty of people diving this computer and everyone seems to like it. Only thing I would want would be a third gas, but that's the type of diving I do on occasion.

For recreational diving I'd also want a wireless AI option. But again, that's just me. I seem to be the only tech diver in the world who likes to have a wireless transmitter on recreational dives.

:D

Just got mine yesterday. Haven't dove with it yet (sunday) but I plan to primarily use it in gauge mode. $299 at leisurepro makes it one of the cheapest depth gauges out there and it also has the best features (resetable stop watch and avg depth)

Thanks RJP. I haven't read much on different gas use yet, except for a bit on Nitrox and on He mixes as it's so far ahead of me now. At what depth/duration does that become valuable or required?

I plan on buying one today at LiesurePro. Brett's been very helpful over there. LDS quoted me $565. The guy I talked to didn't sound like they would budge much on price. First dive is planned for Labor Day weekend in a cold quarry up here in Wisconsin. I'll report back.

Been diving mine for a couple of years now and am very happy with it. The software is very good for logging dives and I have found UWATEC computers to be much more durable and reliable than other brands I have used in the past. To answer the OP's question it does use a somewhat conservative algorithm which can be made even more conservative if you wish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom