Is there a convenient and risk-free way for an American to go to Cuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plainsong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've surfed around and asked a few people but have yet to find a definitive answer. Is there even a definitive answer for the above question? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ps

Thanks guys!

Damn my Canadian friends for teasing me. I knew it was too good to be true when they said "Come with us to Cuba in Jan. It'll be on us". I bet they were snickering behind my back when I gave it serious thought.

plainsong:
Thanks guys!

Damn my Canadian friends for teasing me. I knew it was too good to be true when they said "Come with us to Cuba in Jan. It'll be on us". I bet they were snickering behind my back when I gave it serious thought.

You might be able to go thru Canada but dont get caught it might br expensive.

mnj1233:
You might be able to go thru Canada but dont get caught it might br expensive.
Thanks again. I won't chance it though because a month ago US Customs pulled me aside and gave me a hard time. I'm sure they red flagged me.

The federal fine is $7500 per person per violation. The most likely evidence will be a Cuban stamp in your passport.

SStrecker:
The federal fine is $7500 per person per violation. The most likely evidence will be a Cuban stamp in your passport.

Actually, the Cubans will very helpfully stamp a piece of paper you keep with you rather than stamping your passport, if you so ask.

plainsong:
I've surfed around and asked a few people but have yet to find a definitive answer. Is there even a definitive answer for the above question? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ps

You can somehow get some relatives that live in Cuba. Then you can get a family visa to go visit. Easiest way... go to Miami and visit a Salsa club, you might be able to find a taker.

You could become a doctor.... then you could go their for humanitarian aid.

Become an ordained minister.

Find a conference in your field that is meeting in Cuba.

Or chance it, go to Canada, and pay the 10K fine if you get caught. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom