Is this a good setup ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed66

Contributor
Reaction score
I know it's hindsight, but I did read the getting started article and thought this might be a good starter camera as I don't plan on getting very deep into the photo stuff, I just wanted to take some pic's to show the wife and kids so I thought this was a pretty good buy. I think the strobe comes with it too, anyone ever use this camera Thanks Ed http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1300&item=3687539128

justleesa:
It looks like a good deal....were you the one to buy it?

Yes I went to Walmart today and they the same camera (display model) for $150. so I figured for an extra $100 I would get this as it came with an underwater case and the two lenses and extra 2 -128mb cf cards and 1 64mb card. I was a little worried because it was a 7 day auction and no one bid. I did do some online research and it got great reviews and I found a site that had a ton of pics from the camera along with a very nice video with sound he made. Ed

Ed66:
Yes I went to Walmart today and they the same camera (display model) for $150. so I figured for an extra $100 I would get this as it came with an underwater case and the two lenses and extra 2 -128mb cf cards and 1 64mb card. I was a little worried because it was a 7 day auction and no one bid. I did do some online research and it got great reviews and I found a site that had a ton of pics from the camera along with a very nice video with sound he made. Ed
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/a40-review/

Alright!! Make sure you get an extra set of o-rings and the "right" grease....and learn all the buttons before you dive it....oh yeah, one more thing... I know it's used but test the housing before you use it the first time:wink:

Looks like you did good! :D

I am pretty sure this is the same camera I almost bought a year ago at Walmart it had the best pic when it came to zoom. I was thinking of getting the Olympus D 560 ( Staples has them on clearance for $179) then just getting the underwater housing from Olympus for $199. I almost went the Reefmaster DC 310 it would have been around the same price as the other two combined. I like the fact I got the extra's with the A40. I told the wife she can't touch this one as she broke my other two camera's :)

I love my Canon A series cameras - A20 & A70. You'll have a great time and wonderful results can be had even without an external strobe.

Just practice on land to get a feel for things before you go under and you'll get a lot more keepers!!

Enjoy!

justleesa:
Alright!! Make sure you get an extra set of o-rings and the "right" grease....and learn all the buttons before you dive it....oh yeah, one more thing... I know it's used but test the housing before you use it the first time:wink:
The individual I got this from said the nothing is needed to use the camera right away. However, as the picture and description explain, no strobe is included. The o-rings were replaced back in late January/early February. Do I just call Sea &Sea and tell them the make and model and get an extra set of o-rings and grease and is there any trick's I should know. I have a DiveRite HID canister light and that can be my strobe for now :)
Thanks Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom